Nikubami Honegishimi - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Purple of Crossing Mirrors

Dex-chan lover
I wonder on how many more cases they had together...I was already kinda shipping it, but either way it seems interesting

Dex-chan lover
Hold up, so the cover art shows the woman reporter and her cameraman on them, and so it seems like they had a number of supernatural encounters together, but that was the past, and in the present the reporter has died horribly?

Interesting premise. I guess the manga plot will be to show all their encounters until the reporter's eventual death.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like there should be some kind of international law against real or fictional violence against catgirls, including cat-themed girls.

The main qualification is having a smile that looks like :3

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Oh this is cool. The flashback/forward mechanism to tie everything together is very smart; it starts with something that grabs you and then uses that to deliver a gut punch after you've gotten attached to the characters. The art is really unique, the character designs are really evocative and the supernatural stuff is haunting and bizarre.

This is one to watch.

Dex-chan lover
Immediately got me hooked. The premise of this manga has some interesting similarities with Ura Baito, with the dark haired character (Asama) being the spiritually sensitive one (I seriously thought he was going to say "the mirror stinks!" lol) and the light haired one (Inubouzaki) being the brash/happy-go-lucky one. But then we see that the OG light haired one died because of a curse and her place is now taken by her nephew, who's the next light haired one and is the "reasonable doubt" type a la Dr. Watson. It seems from here the story will constantly switch between the two timelines as both pairs go on their respective paranormal investigations, perhaps with some of the mysteries only getting solved in the modern timeline like the obvious main mystery of OG Inubouzaki's death.

I must admit, I was kinda sad to see that the ship couldn't have sailed.

Dex-chan lover
Another great horror manga added to the following collection. The character design with jagged edge really feels fitting for the series in a way. The monster design looks fairly typical but the setup is kinda good. Also that twist at the end is crazy. Completely hooked me.

Fed-Kun's army
The delay in the revealing of the aunt's death is quite clever. The art is also nice to look at.
Thank you for translating yet another interesting manga!

Dex-chan lover
Very interesting manga, love the framing where it's events in the past and also a modern day interview (reminds me of True Detective season 1)

Would be good if it didn't get bogged too much on monster of the week type stories and instead had a cohesive narrative throughout

Dex-chan lover
what if she died because she turned realistic, even the corpse's hair changed

5LzraeL.jpeg

still though, knowing that she died in the end really hurts

Users who are viewing this thread