Nimotsu Mochi no Nousuji Musou - Ch. 10.1 - The Training Starts

Dex-chan lover
This just makes me wonder how long until they find a reason to have him learn storage magic, at which point he doesn't have to physically hold anything anymore and becomes unstoppable.
That's what I've been thinking, myself. If I were in his shoes, as soon as I found I could stack talismans, I would learn storage magic ASAP just on the off chance it worked with my luggage abilities.

If it didn't, no big deal, I still learned an incredibly useful magic. If it did?
01EA6EFD72C4C7276488A544179320B9075DB409
Spatial magic is usually a lost branch of magic in stories like this which only a very select few or only the MC for MC reasons know. I forget, do we know of the status of spatial magic in this story?

Dex-chan lover
Spatial magic is usually a lost branch of magic in stories like this which only a very select few or only the MC for MC reasons know. I forget, do we know of the status of spatial magic in this story?
Honestly it wouldn't even take spatial magic. Just a vest with multiple pockets that could be worn under the chest piece or pockets in other strategic locations about his body.

He takes out helmet bro in one strike using only 15 amulets. Kiting him out proper like, with tailored gear should mitigate his weaknesses rather handedly.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly it wouldn't even take spatial magic. Just a vest with multiple pockets that could be worn under the chest piece or pockets in other strategic locations about his body.

He takes out helmet bro in one strike using only 15 amulets. Kiting him out proper like, with tailored gear should mitigate his weaknesses rather handedly.
I mean, that makes a lot of assumptions over how "backpacks" work in this world. They might be the spatial magic items of this world, and even if you try to justify that it would be possible to make a vest with pockets (which would undoubtedly have WAY less carry capacity than a backpack), would his skills even work with anything other than a "backpack"?

Dex-chan lover
wonder if he can just use a smaller bag. like a sling bag, for example, is technically "luggage". or his pockets.

i must be thinking too much, see you next time.
Yeah! And hide it at the chest area of his armor. What a no brainer MC!

Dex-chan lover
I mean, that makes a lot of assumptions over how "backpacks" work in this world. They might be the spatial magic items of this world, and even if you try to justify that it would be possible to make a vest with pockets (which would undoubtedly have WAY less carry capacity than a backpack), would his skills even work with anything other than a "backpack"?
Spatial magic exists, since the maid has portals, but so far every magic we've seen was part of someone's unique skill.

Dex-chan lover
Backpack can have a rather broad disign, fit and finish. Even of you reject the idea of a vest like accessory with pockets sewn into the portion worn on the back, they could just scale down an existing backpack and then form armor to cover it.

Consider a backpack disigned to fit the space that would normally be covered by a gambeson. It doesn't need to be thick as it's only holding talismans. It would be relatively easy to mold any outer armor to compensate for its thickness. It would even still hold hundreds of talismans.

As a small aside. In the fight with the maid, she cuts the bottom out of his backpack. Now I'm not sure about the lore of this setting, but typically spacial storage items are generally rare, and react extremely poorly to being cut open. With how roughly she is handling Ruck's sac, I doubts it's the magical kind.

--edit--
Further thinking on the topic, even just a slight alteration to an existing backpack would be beneficial. Just sew in talisman shaped pockets into the inside back panel of the backpack. That way just cutting the bottom wouldn't spill the important contents when damaged. Even cutting away the outside shell would do little unless they were cutting the shoulder straps or the back panel once they hacked thrue the outer shell.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Despite being yet another "I got kicked out but actually I am awesome" story, I really enjoy this one even with the dumb ex-party storyline.

It's really nice that his power-up comes from a synergy between two "weak" classes, and I like the fact that he's putting in serious effort to add skill to his OP stats.

Dex-chan lover
Backpack can have a rather broad disign, fit and finish. Even of you reject the idea of a vest like accessory with pockets sewn into the portion worn on the back, they could just scale down an existing backpack and then form armor to cover it.

Consider a backpack disigned to fit the space that would normally be covered by a gambeson. It doesn't need to be thick as it's only holding talismans. It would be relatively easy to mold any outer armor to compensate for its thickness. It would even still hold hundreds of talismans.

As a small aside. In the fight with the maid, she cuts the bottom out of his backpack. Now I'm not sure about the lore of this setting, but typically spacial storage items are generally rare, and react extremely poorly to being cut open. With how roughly she is handling Ruck's sac, I doubts it's the magical kind.

--edit--
Further thinking on the topic, even just a slight alteration to an existing backpack would be beneficial. Just sew in talisman shaped pockets into the inside back panel of the backpack. That way just cutting the bottom wouldn't spill the important contents when damaged. Even cutting away the outside shell would do little unless they were cutting the shoulder straps or the back panel once they hacked thrue the outer shell.
I can't use empirical evidence to conclusively prove you're wrong on your assumptions, but the logic bone in my body is shouting at me that it can't work that way.

If you could have "multiple pockets" count, how would that work exactly? Like why wouldn't that work for normal people carrying 5 amulets in 5 pockets? Why should a single pocket be able to carry an item that has a 'weight' of 20? Yes a talisman is a physically small item which in our world you could put into a pocket with no problem, but this world doesn't run on our rules and all items have an inherent weight.

Why should a single small pocket have the carry capacity to carry an item that's 4x the weight of a tent kit, like why would that work? You're arguing on earth based logic and rules, you're not thinking at all about this world of magic where everything has weights and people have max carry capacities.

955c1b.jpg

Dex-chan lover
I can't use empirical evidence to conclusively prove you're wrong on your assumptions, but the logic bone in my body is shouting at me that it can't work that way.

If you could have "multiple pockets" count, how would that work exactly? Like why wouldn't that work for normal people carrying 5 amulets in 5 pockets? Why should a single pocket be able to carry an item that has a 'weight' of 20? Yes a talisman is a physically small item which in our world you could put into a pocket with no problem, but this world doesn't run on our rules and all items have an inherent weight.

Why should a single small pocket have the carry capacity to carry an item that's 4x the weight of a tent kit, like why would that work? You're arguing on earth based logic and rules, you're not thinking at all about this world of magic where everything has weights and people have max carry capacities.

955c1b.jpg
Fair assessment for the average individual on this world, but Ruck's skills and abilities negate, or at least mitigate this setting based rule. My WAG is that Ruck's abilities makes it so the talisman weight little more then the paper they are crafted from. So it shouldn't matter if they are placed in the main compartment of the backpack, or some smaller pouch there in. This is even supported by Ruck carrying additional talismans on the outside of his pack.

On the flip side of that coin, tell me in this fantasy setting, what is the functional difference between the sown seams of a backpack, and the seams of a pocket? From my POV there isn't one namely because the same crafting techniques can be used to create either a pocker or a backpack. In fact I would argue that a sturdy pocket would be more structurally sound, then that of a open compartment where objects are able to move around as they please.

Dex-chan lover
Fair assessment for the average individual on this world, but Ruck's skills and abilities negate, or at least mitigate this setting based rule. My WAG is that Ruck's abilities makes it so the talisman weight little more then the paper they are crafted from. So it shouldn't matter if they are placed in the main compartment of the backpack, or some smaller pouch there in. This is even supported by Ruck carrying additional talismans on the outside of his pack.

On the flip side of that coin, tell me in this fantasy setting, what is the functional difference between the sown seams of a backpack, and the seams of a pocket? From my POV there isn't one namely because the same crafting techniques can be used to create either a pocker or a backpack. In fact I would argue that a sturdy pocket would be more structurally sound, then that of a open compartment where objects are able to move around as they please.
Do you have a single thing to base your assumptions about Ruck's abilities on that you can present as evidence here? In the picture I showed you a normal person is depicted as wearing a medium sized backpack, Ruck's been shown to always wear a big backpack, and the legendary magic item backpack from the start of the manga is shown as a gigantic backpack. As far as I can tell we've yet to see any evidence of it working that way, beyond you saying "I think it should work that way".

Dex-chan lover
Do you have a single thing to base your assumptions about Ruck's abilities on that you can present as evidence here? In the picture I showed you a normal person is depicted as wearing a medium sized backpack, Ruck's been shown to always wear a big backpack, and the legendary magic item backpack from the start of the manga is shown as a gigantic backpack. As far as I can tell we've yet to see any evidence of it working that way, beyond you saying "I think it should work that way".
Won't say it's purely speculation, but nowhere in the description of his skills or how they work and synergies state he must use a backpack. The appraiser even says it's his carrying capacity is increased. And while there is an image of a backpack getting larger in the cell, it is always referred to as luggage.

As for Ruck and his sac, yes there are several instances where he is without it. When he is out eating and drinking with Mio, and training with Kyun. While true the only time he takes advantage of the talismans is while he is wearing the backpack that just feels more like an artistic choice of the author then actual system mechanics. Otherwise it's a prop that is little different then important characters that have funky hair styles.

Dex-chan lover
Won't say it's purely speculation, but nowhere in the description of his skills or how they work and synergies state he must use a backpack. The appraiser even says it's his carrying capacity is increased. And while there is an image of a backpack getting larger in the cell, it is always referred to as luggage.

As for Ruck and his sac, yes there are several instances where he is without it. When he is out eating and drinking with Mio, and training with Kyun. While true the only time he takes advantage of the talismans is while he is wearing the backpack that just feels more like an artistic choice of the author then actual system mechanics. Otherwise it's a prop that is little different then important characters that have funky hair styles.
What I'm asking you is, have we seen any shred of evidence to indicate that anybody's carrying capacity / maximum weight load or whatever you want to call it can have individual items be PHYSICALLY split up across multiple individual smaller spaces, as in multiple pockets? Because all evidence in the manga is to the contrary; namely that the way it works in their world is you have to tie your personal maximum load space to a singular physical space opening which you then put items into and they exist all together jumbled up inside of that space, possibly floating around like a small void in space?

Yes, Ruck's little diagram of him explaining how is ability is special shows his talismans kept separately, but they are compartmented inside of this singular magical space which at best can be argued is so that he can more easily find the items inside of this space, though this is unlikely and evidence points to this simply being for the effects of amulets which are separated with his skill and that Ruck is simply personally very skilled, experienced and talented at sorting through them manually in record time. It might be possible to tie your space to a pocket (singular), which would then be very difficult to take things out of if your carry amount is high as you can only fit one hand in and can't see what you're taking out of there and would make it almost impossible to find anything specific if you've any real variety and / or amount of stuff, but we've yet to see any indication that you can split things up over multiple physical entrances as I keep saying.

So I ask again, what are you basing your claims on? Because "it doesn't explicitly say in the skill description that you can't do this" is not evidence of something being possible and so far it seems your personal space is your backside as this is where you seem to be pulling your theories out of.

dv5pys.jpg

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
What I'm asking you is, have we seen any shred of evidence to indicate that anybody's carrying capacity / maximum weight load or whatever you want to call it can have individual items be PHYSICALLY split up across multiple individual smaller spaces, as in multiple pockets? Because all evidence in the manga is to the contrary; namely that the way it works in their world is you have to tie your personal maximum load space to a singular physical space opening which you then put items into and they exist all together jumbled up inside of that space, possibly floating around like a small void in space?

Yes, Ruck's little diagram of him explaining how is ability is special shows his talismans kept separately, but they are compartmented inside of this singular magical space which at best can be argued is so that he can more easily find the items inside of this space, though this is unlikely and evidence points to this simply being for the effects of amulets which are separated with his skill and that Ruck is simply personally very skilled, experienced and talented at sorting through them manually in record time. It might be possible to tie your space to a pocket (singular), which would then be very difficult to take things out of if your carry amount is high as you can only fit one hand in and can't see what you're taking out of there and would make it almost impossible to find anything specific if you've any real variety and / or amount of stuff, but we've yet to see any indication that you can split things up over multiple physical entrances as I keep saying.

So I ask again, what are you basing your claims on? Because "it doesn't explicitly say in the skill description that you can't do this" is not evidence of something being possible and so far it seems your personal space is your backside as this is where you seem to be pulling your theories out of.

dv5pys.jpg
By the wording of the skill it self. It does not define what luggage is let alone it's dimensions nor the makeup of its internal space(s).

Even the fucking pack he wears has multiple pockets. Do you honestly think they become non-functional just because it's not shown in a picture describing an aspect of the skill?

So other then him or the manga artist being attached to the backpack the character wears, what's to stop him from changing the design of the bag to accommodate an armored cover, nothing.

Dex-chan lover
By the wording of the skill it self. It does not define what luggage is let alone it's dimensions nor the makeup of its internal space(s).

Even the fucking pack he wears has multiple pockets. Do you honestly think they become non-functional just because it's not shown in a picture describing an aspect of the skill?

So other then him or the manga artist being attached to the backpack the character wears, what's to stop him from changing the design of the bag to accommodate an armored cover, nothing.
The backpack has multiple sections, can you show them being used at any point for anything other than looks and artistic choice on the part of the artist? Again can you show EVEN ONE SINGLE THING indicating that they can actually use those in conjunction with this magical inventory limit that people seem to have and that it can be divided into different physical sections?

Your argument boils down to "I think it should work this way therefore it works this way" with not one single instance of being shown to work that way, which is a completely trash argument. Not much point in me debating with you when your argument is basically religious in nature in that it's purely based on belief alone.

wonder if he can just use a smaller bag. like a sling bag, for example, is technically "luggage". or his pockets.

i must be thinking too much, see you next time.
Bro needs to get himself a fanny pack. Hell, you could fit 20 amulets (more like 200) in a hip pouch.

Users who are viewing this thread