Nine Peaks - Vol. 9 Ch. 77 - Wagatsuma Daichi, April 18, 2013

Dex-chan lover
Shit man, he really was about to take responsibility for the kid. At least I would hope so given he still went back to the gate to find out. I really don't know what to think of the guy, I would love more backstory on his thinking pattern and if he really just uses people or actually cares.

Dex-chan lover
Shit man, he really was about to take responsibility for the kid. At least I would hope so given he still went back to the gate to find out. I really don't know what to think of the guy, I would love more backstory on his thinking pattern and if he really just uses people or actually cares.
Would he tho? i bet he was just going to bull shit his way out of it

MrP

From the last panel in the preview page, you can see Kanemori asking him his name after presumably fishing him out the water. I guess we get more next time. Maybe he throws him back in for the muscle!

(unedited my comment)

Hmmm was wondering why the timeline didn't make sense

There's at least four time travellers. Gaku from 2022, mystery guy from 2019, burger guy from 2016 and Wagatsuma from 2013

Last edited:
I think every time traveler makes a new timeline. Burger guy remembered Wagatsuma from when he was a kid and Wagatsuma is in the flashbacks from the insurrection.

We are looking at 5 timelines so far.

Dex-chan lover
Would he tho? i bet he was just going to bull shit his way out of it
He strikes me as someone who wouldn't rat his way out when it's emotionally important to him. The child-beating biker gang incident is one of the case, hell he himself was surprised how he grew a spine when he can easily run away.

Dex-chan lover
Damn...thats suck.I wonder if this is the first betrayal he mentioned before or there is actually another real one coming :pepehmm:

Ok. My mistake, prior this chapter... I thought Wagatsuma was from 2019 but it wasn't him and he came far from 2013 !?? So he was the first time traveller before Gansu Burger restaurant owner, Gaku & unknown guy from 2019 ?! It make sense now, how odd his appearance was, as a new kid in his elementary school in his flashback story with Kanamori...

I think every time traveler makes a new timeline. Burger guy remembered Wagatsuma from when he was a kid and Wagatsuma is in the flashbacks from the insurrection.

We are looking at 5 timelines so far.
As for now, we only see 4 time traveller created 4 alternate timeline
2013 - Wagatsuma
2016 - Burger Guy
2019 - Unknown (has yet to be reveal)
2022 - Gaku

EDIT: Burger guy remember Wagatsuma when he was a kid, because Wagatsuma was the first person to appear as a boy from the future and he was the first guy who created an alternate timeline in the first place, before the burger guy would time travelled too, in 2016. As for Wagatsuma situation, if we count a 22 years backward, Wagatsuma probably went back to 1991 when the burger guy was originally just a baby. Crazy.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
As for now, we only see 4 time traveller created 4 alternate timeline
2013 - Wagatsuma
2016 - Burger Guy
2019 - Unknown (has yet to be reveal)
2022 - Gaku

EDIT: Burger guy remember Wagatsuma when he was a kid, because Wagatsuma was the first person to appear as a boy from the future and he was the first guy who created an alternate timeline in the first place, before the burger guy would time travelled too, in 2016. As for Wagatsuma situation, if we count a 22 years backward, Wagatsuma probably went back to 1991 when the burger guy was originally just a baby. Crazy.
i wonder if the title correlates to how many timelines would be made

Dex-chan lover
i wonder if the title correlates to how many timelines would be made
It's from a Buddhist saying: Nine peaks/mountains and eight oceans make up the world. In modern Buddhism this is understood a bit differently from when it was conceptualized as a representation of the Buddhist cosmology. Today it means that for most people their immediate surroundings make up their entire world. In Zen Buddhist teaching the point is that one could "conquer the world" by (spiritually) mastering those immediate surroundings and achieving peace within it. There is no need to go further. The rest of the world is an illusion after all.

In traditional Japanese secular culture, though, the conquering is understood to be more physical. Conquer the nine peaks and achieve peace in the world was a popular interpretation in the Sengoku/Warring States era. It's roughly the Japanese equivalent to the Chinese concept of Tian Xia (All Under Heaven). In the sense of this manga, the town and its delinquent schools make up the world for these kids, their nine peaks, so this title refers to "conquering their world".

Users who are viewing this thread