Nobunaga no Chef

The premise was interesting but did not explain much of why Ken was stuck in past.

Maybe the author could've interspersed clues explaining Ken's situation (if he did, I'd completely missed it). I guess the author was careful with how Ken's prior knowledge played into the overall plot, as time travel as plot device ends up creating more story threads for the author to tie up.

The cuisine X history aspect was the redeeming feature of the manga. I enjoyed the way cuisine and historical knowledge was implemented in the story and how it moderated the interactions between characters.

I got bored in the later chapters, but the early chapters were alright.

3/5 interesting premise, but not fleshed out enough to warrant reading the entire thing. I think I know some people irl who would love the story and read the entire series.

Dex-chan lover
Finally Lolscans is continuing it, this has been too long on my on hold list

I HAVE NEEDED MORE CHAPTERS OF THIS SO BADLY AND HERE THEY ARE THANK YOU THANK YOU

Double-page supporter
I couldn't really get into it. MC is being threatened, put into life and death situations, blackmailed and yet shows no dissatisfaction. He shows loyalty towards people who abuse him. It's like Stockholm syndrome. Didn't seem relatable, logical or realistic. Maybe it's just cultural thing.
Other than that, it seems quality work.

@KamiKira00 I think its a hint of Stockholm syndrome but mostly 2 other factors. It is written from the perspective of someone who knows that era. And those were brutal warring eras. Just the fact that the retainers think it would be normal and casual to display the heads of your enemies during a feast shows what kind of era it is. So the way he is treated would be considered normal. And second, he knows who treats him like this. If it were a nobody i don't think he would display this much loyalty. Its like travelling back in time and suddenly finding yourself in the company of a historical figure. Ceasar, Cleopatra, Genghis Khan etc... if you had the option to tag along and see how they leave a mark on history, i feel like a few people would want to go along with it.

Well, Ken isn't operating at 100% of mental health, he got wacked so hard that at some point he nearly forgot the emotional part of his personality, lover and friends, gone out of his memory for a quarter of the story. He is pretty much in cornered rat mode since chapter 1.

I no longer have drive for sex, or lust. But i now wish to learn enough about food that i am able to gather necessary ingredients in any time periods to prepare a sufficient meal. My degree in quantum physics was a waste, and I'm quiting my job at nasa.

P.S : I've always had an obsession with cooking, but not fancy cooking. And i have a recipe book full of ways to make rice, and things to make it with. Try eating rice with chocolate cake/brownies, just make the rice with a drying method, and throw it all on top of the chocolate goodness. You can put the rice inside the batter, but it s a pain in the ass to keep the rice from burning.

P.P.S : Fuck icing, fuck mustard, and fuck french fries.

Final notes : Tell me a recipe for something, it doesn't have to involve rice. Also tell everyone 3 ingredients/foods that suck ass, don't explain why its so bad; if its bad well all agree that it sucks.

Dex-chan lover
So i caught up with this manga 3 years ago and only 2 volumes been translated since then, smh... That sucks, this is such a good read too

Iv read the first 5 chapters, the introduction is very intriguing and the history aspect is probably the best part of this manga. One problem tho, imo this manga fails to bring out the emotions it’s trying to express, not historical expression but emotional. When the
fat chef sacrificed himself in the beginning , saying that he will see his daughter soon (maybe she died?), I felt absolutely nothing because the mc felt nothin, I think the author did this on purpose to make the mc more cold hearted, but I rlly hate it. Ik the mc lost his memories btw

This manga so far is better than most so I highly recommend, I just wished the mc was more emotional and relatable. My complaints are totally subjective. Iv only read the first 5 chapters so the mc probably regains some humanity, I’m just giving my first thots . READ THIS MANGA ITS GOOD, JUST TRY IT OUT ATLEAST TRUST ME

There is French paperbacks out there, i might try to scan and translate them. Don't expect anything though, i'm pretty much dogshit.

Contributor
34 books at home (soon 35), it's still great, and even better now because We're at the climax
After Nobunaga won everything, and want to invade China which cause Akechi lost of faith in Nobunaga, With ken trying to stop Akechi, and Akechi who understand Ken is his ennemy

Oh, and i tried some of the recipes you get at the end of each books. They're really, really great.
Even if some of them are REALLY HARD TO MAKE. I tried the Bretzel thing Ken do, i failed miserably, it was a total failure.

Users who are viewing this thread