NOKASE

Reminds me of something I was taught as a Jewish kid about
words having power. Like this one 72 character word that if said will let you fly and is also apparently gods true name.

This oneshot is a 7/10 for me. Kei Urana's art is quite refined and professional as always, still, I find it sometimes a bit harsh and hard to read when she tries to exaggerate somone's emotions (e.g. mighty god when he's going crazy).
The story in itself is OK... A kid who has been punished by a strong god frees himself so he can punish him as well using the will of his persistent and perseverant words. Throughout the story there are many holes that makes this oneshot average:
  • From the start how Jinma (protag) is able to do many strong feats in this oneshot through his ability just makes him an empty character, it's true that this ability was given to him thanks to his tragic past but this tragic past has nothing of tragic or influential. The important figure which helps Jinma to hold tight to his ability just seems confusing, at fisrt we get a kind image of it and then its whole rep gets ruined bc Kei wanted to make some sort of edgy twist. It's not that his overpowered (not at all) you just don't feel any kind of connection with the character and his objectives are plain, the story leaves the plot solved and you don't really get who was the main focus of the story.

Users who are viewing this thread