Nozoki Ana - Digital Colored Comics - Vol. 2 Ch. 12 - Honnami Shouko

Thanks for this and all of the other colour chapters!

Minor QC note -- typo on pg. 58 (chapter page 15), lower-middle panel: "She reeks of alohol..." -> "She reeks of alcohol..."

Power Uploader
Thanks for the chapter..
Lucky bastard got to see his teachers boobs.. xD

giphy.gif

MD@Home
> somet-
> hing
> unsig-
> htly

Yes, very, but it's less the crying teacher than the idiotic typesetting …

MD@Home
@TiT12 That's a cheap excuse that doesn't really hold. That's just amateurs trying to typeset for typesetting's sake, cramming letters into bubbles by any means necessary, rather than following the spirit behind why TS is a thing in the first place: readability. And readability is not helped by line-breaking words in the most retarded places just to make them fit a bubble. You'd never see such garbage in a professionally edited product. Not because it's professional but because professionals wouldn't dare to deliver anything less.

Besides, even without space constraints, "Some-thing" would have been far better a use of available space than "Somet-hing", just to mention one example. You know 5+5 characters vs 6+4. No size-7 text needed.

Group Leader
Ok dude, I don’t get paid for this, I have no background in doing this, I’m just trying my best here. Instead of just dumping a shit on me, please leave constructive criticism 🙂
Feedback is appreciated, but it serves nothing if it’s not constructive.
@baconcat

MD@Home
@TiT12 Again this worn-out argument of not getting paid. I don't get paid for knowing how to line-break English words, either, and I still do. With the same effort that I found it awkward to read, you could have found it awkward to set (or quality-check, for that matter). No background needed: I only mentioned professional editing because of what I meant with spirit. If it reads well, chances are it sells well. So, if it doesn't read well, that should have been your indicator of "This is bad, let's not." for the example of TS I cited.

Sure I could leave constructive criticism. (… which I believe I did, if delivered with concedably little diplomacy, but then again I've never been in the habit of excusing or even rewarding bad habits and neglect with white-washed pampering.) But your product is sadly by far not the only one affected, here on MD alone no less. There is only so much patience in the world, and the whim, arrogance, even ridicule and misguided white-knighting any such criticism tends to see itself "acknowl-edged" doesn't exactly help with the reluctance to spend that patience, wouldn't you agree? So, what good would burying feedback in the comments in the hopes it gets spotted, cared about, and edited in and re-released really be? The only efficient way I see to address these issues would be signing up as TS or PR myself, but frankly, I feel hard-pressed to find motivation to pirate1 myself a copy of PS2 just to clean up after someone who in turn can't find motivation to look up critical words in a dictionary, and even only in cases where they do become critical.

I can appreciate that hobby SL is just that, a hobby, but come on, have some standards, ffs.

(1 Because let's face it: Ancient versions aside, if a scanlator hasn't got a PS subscription for other purposes already, without established monetary support, who would pick one up for SLing, eh?)
(2 as uncompromisingly expected of anyone even daring to respond to your average recruitment pamphlet)

Users who are viewing this thread