Nozomanu Fushi no Boukensha - Vol. 11 Ch. 50 - Divine Tool

Dex-chan lover
Village being an illusion seems to be where the twist is heading to. I wonder if Lily and Faril are part of the illusion, but since they did grow older it seems unlikely.

1) The barrier that surrounds the village being surprisingly strong and robust.
2) Strange folksongs and dancing rituals
3) Clearly visible overgrown streets or paths located outside the village.
4) Strange attention to Lorraine's illusions and asking the question "how long will the illusion last".

Dex-chan lover
Village being an illusion seems to be where the twist is heading to. I wonder if Lily and Faril are part of the illusion, but since they did grow older it seems unlikely.

1) The barrier that surrounds the village being surprisingly strong and robust.
2) Strange folksongs and dancing rituals
3) Clearly visible overgrown streets or paths located outside the village.
4) Strange attention to Lorraine's illusions and asking the question "how long will the illusion last".
I'm team Illusion but if it isn't illusion the only other thing I can think of is they are corporeal ghosts and its actually a village of undead.

Contributor
Another possibility is always “time in this world is totally disconnected from time in the spirit’s world so at some point in their future, they appeared in our past, and told us we had to stay here and make sure you would be able to find this place again, so we’ve been maintaining this village here even though everyone really really wanted to leave, and now you’ve finally come so we’re going to abandon the place for good and get the heck away, let’s have one last spar, we’ll give you some parting gifts, and now off we go to someplace that’s not out in the middle of scary monster-infested woods”.
You sure it isn’t just them having a grudge against his family and having them murdered?

Dex-chan lover
I feel like there's some weird editing going on with the manga. One of the things I always found charming about the light novel was how subdued the relationship between Rentt and Lorainne was. As long as he didn't disappear and possibly die somewhere, Lorainne was always chill and Rentt was perfectly fine letting everyone think they were married. It looks like they changed her to be more like a typical female lead when she's suppose to be more confident in their relationship. It actually makes some of the stuff that's about to happen make a little less sense, honestly.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like there's some weird editing going on with the manga. One of the things I always found charming about the light novel was how subdued the relationship between Rentt and Lorainne was. As long as he didn't disappear and possibly die somewhere, Lorainne was always chill and Rentt was perfectly fine letting everyone think they were married. It looks like they changed her to be more like a typical female lead when she's suppose to be more confident in their relationship. It actually makes some of the stuff that's about to happen make a little less sense, honestly.
I never read the LN so reading this makes more sense now, thanks for that. I feel like there are alot of conversions that g et this though where they don't wanna change too much but then change either characteristics and/or dynamics.

Although to be honest Rennt and Lorraines relationship at least from what I've read in the manga feels like they should already be in a real relationship at this point and that makes it frustrating. With what your saying is to come that's assuming they don't yeet that whole arc/period out which has happened before in other series when they do changes.

Urgh... "Oh, this cursed shitty thing you got there? It actually was 100% awesome all along!"
I really and utterly loathe this trope.
Trope? I can't remember this happening in any other story ever. I agree they didn't really foreshadow it properly but I'd hardly call this a trope lol.

That is pretty much how it was in the first half of the manga, I did find her completely shift in personality really weird tbh. She doesn't act like the Lorraine we're introduced to and get to know for 20+ chapters at all anymore. Glad to know it wasn't the author but probably an editor that wanted the romance element to be more obvious.

Dex-chan lover
Trope? I can't remember this happening in any other story ever. I agree they didn't really foreshadow it properly but I'd hardly call this a trope lol.
I'd very much call it a trope, as I have seen it often.
An example I'm able to name would be
Here, the main character starts out with a persona that's considered terrible (grass), but it later turns out it wasn't just grass, but actually awesome super special grass
But I faintly can remember it happening more than once.

Dex-chan lover
I'd very much call it a trope, as I have seen it often.
An example I'm able to name would be
Here, the main character starts out with a persona that's considered terrible (grass), but it later turns out it wasn't just grass, but actually awesome super special grass
But I faintly can remember it happening more than once.
Shujinkou Janai! Has it multiple times. I've seen it in multiple series though just can't think of many of them off the top of my head, usually in isekai/fantasy series though.

Dex-chan lover
Wtf is going on?
Doll got possessed by a godly being and blessed loraine, mc previously got blessings that were buffed by his rebirth into a vamp and constant evolution, the mask itself is also a blessed item by another god with the ability of binding. Just take your time to read

Dex-chan lover
I hope this turns out to be some kind of bittersweet magical “actually everyone was killed years ago and we have been bound here hoping you would release us” kind of thing and not “ha ha ha you fool we were actually villains all along”.
Lol you make it sound so stupid lol

Dex-chan lover
Maybe that village existed to seal the giant wolf demon. Although since it already escaped, what's the point? There could be more demons. Perhaps they judged Lento is strong enough to slay all of the sealed beasts, so the villagers can leave that remote place next to a monster infested mountain and live more freely elsewhere.

Dex-chan lover
The plotting in this story is so well done! In the short term there’s things like the doll that seemed like an in-character and seemingly meaningless prop for a scene, then it became a major vehicle for world building and power development. In the long term, there’s Rent’s mask that had world building settings that was hinted along the way but not fully revealed until now.

Although the “end of Hatohara” seems a bit weird, I trust the author to be able to take it in a meaningful direction.

Dex-chan lover
time to end hatohara means they will erase the village with its own tradition (not leaving the village), so that the villager will have normal life just like Rentt and goes outside

Users who are viewing this thread