Nozomanu Fushi no Boukensha - Vol. 7 Ch. 34 - Vampire Hunting

Dex-chan lover
That's true power if you ask me. Plus didn't you read before. He's always been the helpful and forgiving type. He ain't no edgy emo Ainz
That doesn't mean he shouldn't raise the price to three times the market value. At the end of the day, Lento was a teacher for adventurers. It would also be a lesson for Niv this time. She could have killed an innocent person. If this is how she always operates, she probably has killed innocents before and will kill them in the future because she's the strike first and ask questions later kind of person. So, she desperately needs lessons on moderation and more careful planning of her actions. Needing to pay a huge amount of extra is the kind of lesson our societies as well use all the time to teach people, in the form of fines.

Maybe the innocents she has killed so far have been people with no background, like Lento would have been, but if one day she happens to kill a non-vampire she definitely shouldn't have killed, it could both cost her her life and also cost the whole adventurers' guild organisation dearly.

Also, let's not forget there probably are people who genuinely would rather keep the evil energy traces within themselves and not get purified. For Lento it probably didn't matter for real, after all, but it's still a valid argument. If she made someone's life difficult because of it, she'd truly be a villain herself if she didn't generously compensate for it. Since she seems willing to compensate, Lento should humour her and raise the price.

If that's your impression of people, you must really enjoy getting stepped on.
Yeah, there's being helpful and forgiving, and then there's not caring about someone who wanted to kill you for literally no reason except that you're strong and decided to sell a random monster you killed. The merchant and church girl are also at fault for going along with it. Even if they were "just following orders" or whatever, that merchant laid a trap for an unsuspecting individual. Honestly, should've just said he was done with them and walked away.

The whole vampire hunter bit is stupid. Humoring her random explanation is stupid. Any dealing with the back-stabbing merchant would be stupid after that. The whole situation is a step in the direction of a spaghetti-like string of plot points.

Dex-chan lover
That doesn't mean he shouldn't raise the price to three times the market value. At the end of the day, Lento was a teacher for adventurers. It would also be a lesson for Niv this time. She could have killed an innocent person. If this is how she always operates, she probably has killed innocents before and will kill them in the future because she's the strike first and ask questions later kind of person. So, she desperately needs lessons on moderation and more careful planning of her actions. Needing to pay a huge amount of extra is the kind of lesson our societies as well use all the time to teach people, in the form of fines.

Maybe the innocents she has killed so far have been people with no background, like Lento would have been, but if one day she happens to kill a non-vampire she definitely shouldn't have killed, it could both cost her her life and also cost the whole adventurers' guild organisation dearly.

Also, let's not forget there probably are people who genuinely would rather keep the evil energy traces within themselves and not get purified. For Lento it probably didn't matter for real, after all, but it's still a valid argument. If she made someone's life difficult because of it, she'd truly be a villain herself if she didn't generously compensate for it. Since she seems willing to compensate, Lento should humour her and raise the price.
I agree that miss vampire hunter is a villainous bitch but I disagree on him selling it for more. Instead he should have refused to sell it to them and destroy the merchants reputation by telling everyone he invited a person who tried to kill him on sight. She wouldn't get the mats she wants and the merchant will avoid working with her/the church as much as it can in the future assuming it doesn't go under from a bad reputation.

Dex-chan lover
That's true power if you ask me. Plus didn't you read before. He's always been the helpful and forgiving type. He ain't no edgy emo Ainz
You think Ainz is edgy? The guys a moron half the time and shockingly smart the other. If you think Ainz is edgy you must think the color black is on its face.

Dex-chan lover
This main character is so freaking annoying. Someone attacks him with the intention to kill for no reason and is suspicious for no reason, and he's like "okay, so you tried to kill me? whatever" afterwards. Fucking pushover.
She's a gold rank, mate. Considering our guy has very little to no understanding of what he is or what his own capabilities are, going against a very high ranked and acclaimed adventurer in an officially sanctioned mission while in public is a bad BAD decision.

He's no push over. He's just not impulsive, and it's consistent with his character from the start.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, there's being helpful and forgiving, and then there's not caring about someone who wanted to kill you for literally no reason except that you're strong and decided to sell a random monster you killed. The merchant and church girl are also at fault for going along with it. Even if they were "just following orders" or whatever, that merchant laid a trap for an unsuspecting individual. Honestly, should've just said he was done with them and walked away.

The whole vampire hunter bit is stupid. Humoring her random explanation is stupid. Any dealing with the back-stabbing merchant would be stupid after that. The whole situation is a step in the direction of a spaghetti-like string of plot points.
You might have missed the somewhat sensible explanation of her suspicion. Having one person solo a tarasque is absurd that only a vampire can possibly do it.

All in all, I understand people who are pissed at the MC's lack of response around him except if it's against monsters. I myself feel that. But I think that's because we're self-inserting. Remember the type of guy Rentt is. He's a guy with genuinely good intentions if he can do anything about something. He's been doing it for 10 years as a bronze adventurer. The last thing this guy will do is throw a tantrum, especially considering he knows the girl he'd be up against is a formidable warrior.

Dex-chan lover
I gotta agree with the other comments, I like this story but I really hate this trope where the MC is way too forgiving. Here's to hoping next chapter he actually hikes up the price or something.

Last edited:
She's a gold rank, mate. Considering our guy has very little to no understanding of what he is or what his own capabilities are, going against a very high ranked and acclaimed adventurer in an officially sanctioned mission while in public is a bad BAD decision.

He's no push over. He's just not impulsive, and it's consistent with his character from the start.
Cool headcanon.👍

Users who are viewing this thread