[Mainsite] Numpad Arrows don't work

Double-page supporter
Looks like numpad arrow inputs aren't usable to navigate pages in the reader. (You are probably using the "code" instead of the "keyCode" or "key" for the JS event listener)

Last edited:
File Attacher
Staff
Super Moderator
Interestingly it seems like Up/Down works, just worse than if you were to use the arrow keys as it just seems jittery in some way, but yeah, left/right doesn't seem to do anything

Custom title
Staff
Developer
Numpad arrows by shift+Num 4/Num 6 shouldn't really even work in the first place, but plain Num 4 and Num 6 should, as long as they're added as keybinds in the reader settings. Which they are by default, but we didn't reset anyone's defaults so it didn't update to everyone.

And yes, of course it's using code. keyCode is deprecated and key is layout-dependent.

Shift+Num 8/Num 2 working is weird and unexpected, should look into that.

I think this is an issue with Num Lock. When it's on, the keypad up and down arrows go up/down by one page. When I turn off Num Lock I get the "normal" behaviour similar to the arrow keys (though less smooth when holding the key). The shift key disables Num Lock temporarily and thus has the same behaviour as if Num Lock wasn't on at all.

The left and right buttons on the numpad work on my device with or without Num Lock, though.

Users who are viewing this thread