Nyanta to Pomeko ~Imasara Shinjiteiru to Iwarete mo Mouteokureda~ - Vol. 3 Ch. 19 - End

Dex-chan lover
in all things 400 animes,
and 300+ manga I've watched and read, this was definitely the most relatable mc

Dex-chan lover
Man this was rather mid. The three girls who hurt the MC can be completely wiped from the story... and nothing will change.

Rushed story, weak and rather disappointing that it turned out to be a regular ass romcom.

We got so much introduction and background on characters, only for it to be thrown into the garbage can and not used in the story. No-one is behaving the way author initially written them as.

The two people who didn't trust anyone, immediately began trusting eachother with a cover-up "we're not actually friends" despite literally becoming friends from the first meeting.

The premise is hardly believable, but the story realies on it so much, that if you question it even a tiny bit, everything falls off. The girls suddenly have an overwhelming amount of remorse, despite caring not one bit for years. The family situation makes zero sense, and the MC's father is basically not a character at all, only there because author needed him for convince at one moment.

Barely any real progression, weak characters and all over the place story.

How can anyone give this more than a 7 is beyond me.

Personally it's a 5/10, not bad, but not good either.

Dex-chan lover
Man this was rather mid. The three girls who hurt the MC can be completely wiped from the story... and nothing will change.

Rushed story, weak and rather disappointing that it turned out to be a regular ass romcom.

We got so much introduction and background on characters, only for it to be thrown into the garbage can and not used in the story. No-one is behaving the way author initially written them as.

The two people who didn't trust anyone, immediately began trusting eachother with a cover-up "we're not actually friends" despite literally becoming friends from the first meeting.

The premise is hardly believable, but the story realies on it so much, that if you question it even a tiny bit, everything falls off. The girls suddenly have an overwhelming amount of remorse, despite caring not one bit for years. The family situation makes zero sense, and the MC's father is basically not a character at all, only there because author needed him for convince at one moment.

Barely any real progression, weak characters and all over the place story.

How can anyone give this more than a 7 is beyond me.

Personally it's a 5/10, not bad, but not good either.
I agree with everything you said but hey, just like a cheap burger its still a burger I might as well enjoy it while it lasts

I am filled with a persistent sense of disgust, and revulsion. Nobody did anything to redeem themselves. The sister said he should move away, the step-mom got rid of him. The sister literally didn't even do the bare minimum; she just told him he has her permission to live alone or some shit (As if he fucking needed it, or cared how she felt about that). The step-mom had already realized, pretty much from the start, that he didn't do anything, and decided to spend years telling him to get over her abuse... as she abuses him. The kids at least get to say they're kids. This is a fully grown adult who definitely knows better, but decides not to be better. At this point, giving him his own place is too little too late.

Everyone else already knows the other girls are just narcissistic parasites, since not only do they do nothing to try dispelling the rumors, but they also do literally nothing else of value.

As someone who hasn’t necessarily gone thru depression or other mental problems, personally don’t really see why everyone is so pissed at the rest of the cast for mistakes that everyone has made.
Her sister for example, she was simply jealous that her brother wasn’t playing with her, and at the time she looked like she was 6 at most. Over the next decade she has tried to bridge the gap between them, yet the mc simply throws his hands into the air and never even attempted to treat her as a sister.
Every one of the supporting cast has had to live with the guilt that their apologies will never reach the mc, for trivial things that may not have even been at their own fault

As someone who hasn’t necessarily gone thru depression or other mental problems, personally don’t really see why everyone is so pissed at the rest of the cast for mistakes that everyone has made.
Her sister for example, she was simply jealous that her brother wasn’t playing with her, and at the time she looked like she was 6 at most. Over the next decade she has tried to bridge the gap between them, yet the mc simply throws his hands into the air and never even attempted to treat her as a sister.
Every one of the supporting cast has had to live with the guilt that their apologies will never reach the mc, for trivial things that may not have even been at their own fault
I know you've been distracted by the razzle and dazzle of the romance arc and all that, but none of these people actually did anything to "bridge the gap". The only person who actually bothered to try making it up to him was the step-mother, who got him his own place. But she's also the most culpable, since she's been abusing and neglecting him for years now.

The others literally just... showed back up in his life, like literally nothing happened, and expected that to be enough to fix everything. "Oh, but they feel guilty!" A pity that doesn't compel them to actually do anything about it. Also "Trivial things"? One of them just sat back while the guy was being accused of sexually assaulting her, the other let everyone think he was bullying her, the other one spread the lie to the step-mother, and the step mother, not even caring if it was true or not, made him apologize and spent the next decade neglecting him. Where's the "trivial" thing here? The man's a fucking pariah because they'd rather stew in narcissistic guilt than just admit what they've done to the world.

If anything, MC isn't nearly as bitter, and spiteful, and hostile as he should be; he's decided to withdraw passively and hope the situation passes him. Man should have thrown that bit of food that thing who calls itself his sister gave him right back at its face.

Double-page supporter
The thing is you don't really get the feeling of the time that has passed from the first time this happened to him to when the girls try to finally apologize to him. Years of neglect from his mother and ridicule and scorn from his peers completely closed off his trust in anything. This is the kind of thing that makes a lot of kids try to end their life.

Dex-chan lover
Some things are forgiven, but in reality it's better to think you may never be one of the lucky few who gets that privilege. Some victims may never forgive the people that wronged them, but there's a limit for how tired they can be of holding a grudge when they have better things to do. Seeing the victim live their life to the fullest as if the culprit's actions and involvement mean nothing to them can be one of the better acts of revenge that will really hit the latter's conscience, knowing they'll never bask in that happiness with the former, as was seen by the girls here who betrayed MC (the sister may be a bit difficult since she's, well, a sister, though not blood-related, but it's clear that their relationship will never again be like it was when they were children, which I assume is really hurting her, despite how close they were before).

Some people were off about how MC started 'accepting' the fact that he was partially to blame for all the betrayals brought to him at one point, but it's like that inhumane science experiment with the dog and electricity; when you know nothing you do will change the reality of the situation, your survival instincts kick in to try to numb out the pain to your emotions and psyche, taking them as is while you're just trying your best to survive. If you try to hold hope that something does change, you'll only get hurt more when your expectations aren't met. MC here just received enough 'shocks' in his psyche and social life to try to bear with the hate towards him and live out his life to the best of his abilities. It was only after finding FMC that he could finally relax and lower his guard.

All in all, this was a fairly good story, and I'm curious to see what the WN has in detail that couldn't be portrayed in the manga, so I'll have to check it out at some point. I'd give it a 7/10.

Dex-chan lover
About those girls tho. Im quite not satisfied with how their arc ends. I mean, the only one who did make an effort is her sister and mom trying to support Shin's decision to live alone and Saitou who tried to let no one get in their way (like a wing man ig), but Miyazaki didnt do a thing(?) Still I really prefer if they tried to correct all those stupid allegations made towards him. Well it is what it is IG. At least our guy here is able to move past them. Good for him

All and all this was quite a nice and pretty enjoyable run. Im so glad Shin is finally able to rekindle the emotion within him that has been ded for years thanks to Shinozuka and vice versa. Theyre such a great dynamic. And I love seeing them like a newlywed with a kid everytime theyre with Hyouzaki (⁠.⁠ ⁠❛⁠ ⁠ᴗ⁠ ⁠❛⁠.⁠)

One take away for me here . . . . Well, please spare me in this one as this might anger some of ya. I dont think some those girls are . . . . bad people, Im struggling to find a better word but like not like bad like a bully is. They still were willing to own up their mistake and willing to make a few efforts to redeem (even tho its still not enuff). Dont get me wrong, his anger and distrust is still very justifiable here. But the way I see it, some of them are just people who try to be decent or nice but made a huge slip up in the way. And that slip up made huge cracks on someone's life. Still bad . . . . but not like bad bullies. Thats why I was still able to find my heart rooting for them to correct those stupid allegations. Which in the end, they still didnt . . . . . And they still choosed to shut up about it
ಠ⁠_⁠ಠ
Bruh 🗿🗿🗿

(I said some, because the ones who confessed, invited him to karaoke as a prank, and the mom who refused to listen were what the actual F for me)

From that. This series really reminds me even the best of us might have unknowingly done some slip ups that cracked someones life. Ive seen my best friends on each other neck, not because theyre horrible person per se but because of slip ups in the past which they never have a conclusion of and been bottling up.

Now I need to read the WN

8.65/10 for me

Damn that was a loooong write lol, Thanks so much again for picking this up when this was dropped @andyarc1995 !! You da mannn!! And of course, very much thanks to Nora Usagi sensei and Suya Maromi senseeei!!!
Yeah, I don't particularly despise those children. Most of the fault lies with the adults who were supposed to mediate the situation appropriately. (That includes the step-mom.) I understand that blending a family is tough, but it seemed to be going perfectly well until she refused to stand up for her child. Although the girls did come to recognize their faults midway through the manga, I was rather infuriated by their insincere attempts to make up at the start of the series. I'm glad that they displayed some measure of maturity as the story progressed. The sister who admitted to tattling on her brother to their mother so that he'd be hurt and turn to her when she "showered him with kindness," is pretty crazy. Not that telling her mother what was going on at school was improper, the school would definitely inform the parents of an incident, but her motives are mildly psychotic. I am disappointed that they girls never properly communicated with Shin, but I am willing to attribute that to the brevity of the serialization.

P.S. Just realized I'm responding to a comment from May. Sorry for the massive necro. :huh:

Dex-chan lover
I remember reading the first couple chapters when they released, and then I lost the title or something and now it's completed. Doesn't feel like it's been two years already. :pepehmm: Anyway, thanks @andyarc1995 for translating, you have my deepest gratitude.

Dex-chan lover
I am actually so pissed off it ended so soon its not fair, MY FAVORITE ROMCOM NOOOOOOOOOOOO
e3932411dc905f71a1e75c99605e7cd3f2368dbd6757b8322c22bf0160c06bae.jpg

Also not showing the kiss is criminal
bruh
I didn't even realise it's a kiss at all, I thought it ended with this will-they-won't-they-nah-they're-officially-still-just-friends. As always chickening out equals butchering it.

Yeah, I don't particularly despise those children. Most of the fault lies with the adults who were supposed to mediate the situation appropriately. (That includes the step-mom.) I understand that blending a family is tough, but it seemed to be going perfectly well until she refused to stand up for her child. Although the girls did come to recognize their faults midway through the manga, I was rather infuriated by their insincere attempts to make up at the start of the series. I'm glad that they displayed some measure of maturity as the story progressed. The sister who admitted to tattling on her brother to their mother so that he'd be hurt and turn to her when she "showered him with kindness," is pretty crazy. Not that telling her mother what was going on at school was improper, the school would definitely inform the parents of an incident, but her motives are mildly psychotic. I am disappointed that they girls never properly communicated with Shin, but I am willing to attribute that to the brevity of the serialization.

P.S. Just realized I'm responding to a comment from May. Sorry for the massive necro. :huh:
They apparently never communicate with him properly, even in the original. They literally decide they're sorry then... don't do anything. No making amends or anything.

Dex-chan lover
Wow, what a happy ending. :shamihuh:

Which of Shinozuka's books said "Nyanta and Pomeko?" From what I could tell, the title of her book was indeed "The Most Important Person in the World."

Also, again, how are these people suddenly feeling close enough to refer to Makoto as Shin? He's also awful proactive about resolving things with them, I could see him being more cordial with them if they were to speak to him first, but I absolutely do not see him randomly reaching out to complement them.

Users who are viewing this thread