Ogami Tsumiki to Kinichijou.

Dex-chan lover
Lmao. Chapter 3 immediate put 1s on the board.

vampire neck bites heroine for blood. Heroine blushes (which im not even sure was real because the previous panel she was completely dead pan and MC also had a weird imagination thing going on).

Everyone's calling it NTR bait. My guys. NTR would mean the protagonist and heroine were already going out. Stop calling it NTR bait. Wtf.

EDIT: For the record, I understand why there's backlash. I'm not gonna claim I don't get it, because I do. I too ship Ogami and Yutaka. I'm arguing on the semantics (which is cringe of me but, i'm dying on this hill until i've been convinced otherwise).

NTR, or how I view it, is when one of the Lovers, BF/GF, Husband/Wife, a "canon" relationship is disrupted and broken by way of one of the lovers being seduced by a 3rd party. If we're going based on hard definitions, NTR means Cuckoldry, which technically only applies with a husband/wife relationship (Dictionary says when Wife is unfaithful to husband).

Is it NTR if the two are romantically interested in each other, but they never go out and one of them ends up changing their love interest? Does "Might as well be going out" count for my personal bias of "canon" relationship? Uh.... idk.

Either way, the current relationship (up to chapter 3. This early yes) between MC and heroine isn't even there. They're friends. Ogami hangs out with Yutaka as much with other pals (as seen with her arcade trip, and the one-panels of her eating with others). I don't doubt Ogami finds Yutaka a bit more special, but as of right now, I can't call it a romantic interest.

If Ogami actually does find the Vampire attractive and date material. I would angrily read and drop my current rating. I still wouldn't call it NTR because the two were, in universe, never romantically involved to begin with, no matter how much I genuinely ship the two, they are in-canon not yet in-love, much less dating.
END EDIT RANT

You seriously drop the score to 1 and drop the whole series the moment one panel you hate shows up. You're literally going to miss out on the rest of the series of cute and wholesome because of one scene. Nice.

Well, the vanilla tears from chp 3 sure were delicious. 🤣

Dex-chan lover
I feel like this excellent thread on what is actually NTR (and how to properly tell a story about it) should be pinned and/or the default landing page for anyone who has complaints after reading chapter 3.

Still waiting to hear from the haters if a traditional romcom love triangle is even allowed under their anti-NTR regime :facepalm:

Dex-chan lover
dropping a kunai and betting myself I wont pick that kunai up ever.

I love to be proven wrong tho.

Dex-chan lover
did this go from a 9.20 to a mid 8 just because of the "cuck" chapter. jesus christ

did this go from a 9.20 to a mid 8 just because of the "cuck" chapter. jesus christ
I haven't rated it nor do I think c03 was, strictly speaking, NTR, but the fact the edgy bishounen asshole character a chip on his shoulder and troubles to garner sympathy is apparently a main character is enough to keep it in the 7 to 8 range in my book.

NTR shit has exploded in the last 10 years, it's not surprising people are hypersensitive about it or liable to stretch the definition of it.

Wtf with the comments. I have read that scene and understood it differently. The girl feels sympathy for the vampire because in the end she is also a "half-human" and like her he has needs. Throughout the manga the story shows us how the girl loves to eat. In fact, the girl says "Just like humans need to eat, vampires need blood." She simply gives him a little of the "snack" of hers. She does it completely naturally but she is young and blushes realizing that maybe that is something very intimate that she shouldn't do with just anyone. This is when the MC can't help but get jealous.

Perhaps the boy cannot understand his feelings and admit that he likes her, his jealousy is strong at that moment making it clear that he has a special interest in her.

At least the guy doesn't have cringe fantasies like the MC from Rent a Girlfriend. I think a lot of people here are being overly dramatic for no reason. For my part, I'm looking forward to seeing how this manga evolves and the relationships between its characters.

Group Leader
The manga is not getting dropped, just the translation. As long as there are more raws there is hope. And I think I and maibai love this too much to see it get completely dropped.

Dex-chan lover
I came to see what people were talking about and they were so outraged by chapter 3, wtf.
I didn't like it, I thought it was a bit unnecessary, I didn't even really understand what that scene was, I don't know if it was the protagonist's head or it really happened, but other than that, kind of screw it. It's not like it's something really absurd.
But I'm a little worried about whether there will be competition between characters or several couples, I don't like these things, but I read up to chapter 8 and I can say that it's good for now and I think it's worth reading.

People are so soft, why are there so many comments about a vampire asking to suck blood from someone when it's established that's like him borrowing some lunch money from another student in the realm of the world? The whole point of the scene was just to showcase Yutaka's jealousy and that's it. Even it was supposed to be some weird fetish thing, who cares?

Dex-chan lover
I like this community. Everyone went to war in the comments when chap3 came out, it was fun (the war, not the enraging chapter :pout:).

Aggregator gang
I have to say, I'm kinda disappointed on this, and I'm not talking about "oh no look ntr bait on my fluffy manga" or some sht like that, but it's just that I found the first 2 chapters spectacular, like real good that I haven't seen on these type of manga for some time, but then the rest was just mehh you know? Idk maybe I overestimate what it looked like, but it's still the beginning so maybe it can be better than I've imagined it

nice
188892.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread