Ogre no Aniki to Doreichan - Vol. 1 Ch. 9 - Ogre and Fairy

Dex-chan lover
Are they planning to use her demise as pretext to drum up support for the subjugation? Not that I expect that to happen, instead I'm here silently wondering what kind of demise they themselves will be subject of...
Is there any manga where the church isn't corrupt? Well, aside Lawrence and Saint Cecilia, and even that has its ambiguous parts...

Dex-chan lover
Uh... Given what we have learned so far, I dont think this plan is gunna survive contact with the enemy. If fact, I have the suspicion you will not survive contact either.

Dex-chan lover
Is there ANY church that isnt corrupt?
Yep, didn't think through, of course that's how it is. At least in real life. But with infinite isekai worlds, there has to be one somewhere, right ...right?
Though Shinto might come close, but then again it has no clergy and no doctrine so there's not much to corrupt in first place...

Dex-chan lover
I kinda get the vibe that they are actually after the slave girl and nor the ogres. Maybe she was someone important before becoming a slave?
Might be that getting along with ogres can not be achieved through cuteness alone (at least in their minds) and she might be seen as some kind of potential demon lord.

Dex-chan lover
Yep, didn't think through, of course that's how it is. At least in real life. But with infinite isekai worlds, there has to be one somewhere, right ...right?
Though Shinto might come close, but then again it has no clergy and no doctrine so there's not much to corrupt in first place...
Monotheistic religion can all be considered "corrupt" for the simple fact that their main doctrine is the superiority of their believer (Catholics) or a specific population (Jew and Musulman).
Polytheistic on the other hand are extremely hard to use by a single group for their own gain. During the Roman Empire if one had come and said "i'm the prophet of all the god" everyone would've considered this person as crazy.
This is the reason why Roma and Europe adopted monotheistic religion, so they could use it for political purpose.

Banned
I kinda get the vibe that they are actually after the slave girl and nor the ogres. Maybe she was someone important before becoming a slave?

Maybe she is some kind of princess, hero or saint that is the very obstacle to whatever those villains are planning.

• Thinking
Reactions: GK

Users who are viewing this thread