Oishinbo - Vol. 4 Ch. 5 - Chapter 5

Double-page supporter
A couple of quick notes about this chapter: First of all, as a picky eater myself, I feel seen.

Second, the machine translator I used clearly messed up the art in a couple of panels (erasing faces). Unfortunately, this is something I really can't fix since I'm not an artist. While it's not a widespread issue, I apologize for the inconvenience. Mugiwara's translation should fix the issue if you prefer to wait for his upload.

Double-page supporter
Thanks for the chapter!
Man, I'm not as bad as this guy is, but I feel it. I think a lot of food just taste gross. I'd still be able to eat stuff if I really have to (like if someone else is buying and it'd be rude not to eat), but given the choice I only have a handful of food that I can really eat comfortably.

Dex-chan lover
I like this chapter, it sure point out the connection between eating habit and the environment one was growing with foods. In reality, our taste buds change as we matures and the tongue able to taste more flavors gradually following that, explaining how many people can’t taste anything good from vegetables when they are young but able enjoy them it when they get older.

If you have any problem eating certain ingredients, I’d recommend trying them in a form you never had before (for ex: instead of boiled broccoli, try it in tempura form coated with soy sauce syrup)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread