Oishinbo - Vol. 7 Ch. 4 - The Beauty of Hands

Dex-chan lover
Never thought it like that but its kinda cool since its all perfect amount and flows nicely from the chef to the table.

Double-page supporter
Ooh, so this is Arakawa's introduction. Another love at first sight episode, huh. I guess the author is saving the long drawn out romance for the main characters LOL.

Also about the sushi. Even as a reader and not live viewer, I immediately noticed the chef tossing out the rice and it made me feel weird/awkward looking at it. I feel so validated when that really was meant to be the problem.

Double-page supporter
Ooh, so this is Arakawa's introduction. Another love at first sight episode, huh. I guess the author is saving the long drawn out romance for the main characters LOL.

Also about the sushi. Even as a reader and not live viewer, I immediately noticed the chef tossing out the rice and it made me feel weird/awkward looking at it. I feel so validated when that really was meant to be the problem.
It is. I mean, we've already had several indications that at least Kurita likes Yamaoka, so I'm wondering if it'll actually be that long and drawn out (I don't actually know, I'm seeing most of these chapters for the first time too).

Double-page supporter
It is. I mean, we've already had several indications that at least Kurita likes Yamaoka, so I'm wondering if it'll actually be that long and drawn out (I don't actually know, I'm seeing most of these chapters for the first time too).
Haha I say that only because I had thought Arakawa and Tabata's relationship would have a more paced out narrative because we already had the love at first sight plot with the other coworker (forgot her name).

But based on what I've seen in the Ala Carte official volumes, Yamaoka and Kurita's plot would be pretty drawn out. The chapters where they finally starte dating etc seems like they came from a much much later volume . There'a a bunch of drama and multiple love rivals in between.

Double-page supporter
Haha I say that only because I had thought Arakawa and Tabata's relationship would have a more paced out narrative because we already had the love at first sight plot with the other coworker (forgot her name).

But based on what I've seen in the Ala Carte official volumes, Yamaoka and Kurita's plot would be pretty drawn out. The chapters where they finally starte dating etc seems like they came from a much much later volume . There'a a bunch of drama and multiple love rivals in between.

Hanamura (the other co-worker) seems to be somewhat less fleshed out as a character than Tabata too (at least as far as I've seen). Her primary character trait seems to be (at least from the anime and the manga chapters that I've read) "ditzy".

Users who are viewing this thread