Oishinbo - Vol. 7 Ch. 7 - Yolks and Whites

Dex-chan lover
One of the most easy-going chapters I can remember. Everyone getting along fairly well and the debate on eggs is entirely friendly (the idea of an international conference on how to eat eggs is something that really tickled me).

Anecdotally, if you're ever here in Pittsburgh, and you're having breakfast at Eat N' Park, or Pamela's, and you want sunny side up eggs, just order them "Dippy" and they'll know what you mean.

Dex-chan lover
Ooh, for me when I eat just the egg I prefer the yolk cooked solid, but I prefer the runny one if it's eaten with something else (like mixed with rice or placed on bread)

Dex-chan lover
I like frying it while drizzling Soy sauce around the edges for a flavorful crispiness.
It’s absolutely the bomb on top of rice and some sesame seeds and chopped green onions as garnish.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, I like mine poached or soft boiled with buttered toast and very crispy bacon (American style bacon for those that are more familiar with Canadian style bacon), either candied or not. But lemme tell you, I have had a hard time going back to regular bacon after I learned how to candy them. If I have dippy eggs though, I like to load mine up with hot sauce. Same with scrambled.

I'm not big on eating eggs with rice myself, but I get the appeal.

Dex-chan lover
am i the only one who fried my egg entirely depend on my mood?

sometimes i like to fry the hell out of it to get that crispy outer edges with the risk of the yolk overcooked.
sometimes i go sunny side up when i want to mix the runny yolk with soy sauce or what have you.
sometimes i go over easy when i want to go inbetween.

that being said, i'm surprised that no one is mentioning TKG. i thought the IFEC is gonna scream SACRILEGE!!!

Dex-chan lover
my ma love it crispy and we found a restaurant who basically deep fry the omelette. it was rather interesting texture (a bit too oily for me tough)

i prefer to slowly cook it, slightly steam it with two table spoon of water and close the lit. leaving the white properly cook but the yolk slightly runny

Dex-chan lover
Sunny-side-egg with runny yolk for me. Dropping a few drops of soy sauce on the yolk then putting the entire egg on rice or dipping pieces of breads in the yolk.

Users who are viewing this thread