Oishinbo - Vol. 7 Ch. 8.1 - A Boxer's Suffering (Part 1)

Double-page supporter
Two quick notes on this chapter. First, I decided to go with the .1, .2, etc. numbering convention, so the next chapter will be 8.2 (This was a decision I was dreading having to make given that I just followed the volume number rather than what Mugiwara is doing and just counting the chapters in order for my own sanity. I dunno how he doesn't lose track, but I trust that he won't).

The second is a technical note on the translation. As all of you that have been following know, I do use an MTL. One thing that the machine does have trouble with is names. The boxer of the story was given several different names (Sazaya, Sazayama, Sawayama, etc). So, I have no idea which was the correct one, so I just guessed and used the one that appeared most often. If it's not correct, let me know and I'll edit the pages when I can.

Honestly, I'm backing Yamaoka in that last panel. Sure, Yamaoka should want to help and sometimes he acts high and mighty but this really is not one of hose times. Yamaoka ain't a magician. Coming up with a luxurious, lavish and delicious yet low-calorie dish just isn't smth a chef can whip up. I am interested in whatever solution he comes up with in the next part but I really dislike Yamaoka being the borderline magical solution every single damn time.

Double-page supporter
Honestly, I'm backing Yamaoka in that last panel. Sure, Yamaoka should want to help and sometimes he acts high and mighty but this really is not one of hose times. Yamaoka ain't a magician. Coming up with a luxurious, lavish and delicious yet low-calorie dish just isn't smth a chef can whip up. I am interested in whatever solution he comes up with in the next part but I really dislike Yamaoka being the borderline magical solution every single damn time.
I guess we’ll see. It seems like everyone’s gotten so used to Yamaoka just coming up with a solution every time that they just expect he’ll know what to do.

Users who are viewing this thread