Oishinbo

For good or ill? I mean, I am trying my best here...
I mean it in a good way, there're works I just don't expect to get translated outside of Japan and seeing a new translation is nice. Of course this manga is too long to get fully translated but it's good to have a part of it to familiarize oneself with.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
I mean it in a good way, there're works I just don't expect to get translated outside of Japan and seeing a new translation is nice. Of course this manga is too long to get fully translated but it's good to have a part of it to familiarize oneself with.
Ah, okay, I was worried there lol.

Who says it's too long to be fully translated? I have all the raws, a machine to do most of the heavy lifting, and all the time in the world to do it.

Ah, okay, I was worried there lol.

Who says it's too long to be fully translated? I have all the raws, a machine to do most of the heavy lifting, and all the time in the world to do it.
Well, you don't usually see full translations of manga that are 100+ volumes long :D Did you consider translating any other stuff with this method later?

Double-page supporter
Well, you don't usually see full translations of manga that are 100+ volumes long :D Did you consider translating any other stuff with this method later?
Honestly, the decision to do this came about because I wanted to read it after liking what I’d seen of the anime.

I made a Reddit post letting people know and asking if anyone wanted copies. One user directed me here to post my progress. I honestly don’t know if I would ever do another series. There is one called Kaji Ryuusuke no Gi that I would very much like to read, but I don’t have access to the raws. This’ll probably be my only TL project.

Honestly, the decision to do this came about because I wanted to read it after liking what I’d seen of the anime.

I made a Reddit post letting people know and asking if anyone wanted copies. One user directed me here to post my progress. I honestly don’t know if I would ever do another series. There is one called Kaji Ryuusuke no Gi that I would very much like to read, but I don’t have access to the raws. This’ll probably be my only TL project.
I see. What do you use for machine TL, btw? I've been interested in the possibilities of MTL manga for a while (for personal use) but I wonder what software people use for that. Is it the same process scanlators go through, just with machine translation instead of a human one, or do you use something that speeds up the process (like with OCR or something like that)

Double-page supporter
I see. What do you use for machine TL, btw? I've been interested in the possibilities of MTL manga for a while (for personal use) but I wonder what software people use for that. Is it the same process scanlators go through, just with machine translation instead of a human one, or do you use something that speeds up the process (like with OCR or something like that)
I pay a monthly fee for a service called Ichigo Reader. Really, it's cheap and speedy. I could not recommend it enough, although, sometimes things do mistranslate (and you can tell when something has done so because the font I use is different to the TLs font, but Paint doesn't have the matching font, so I just got as close as I could).

I pay a monthly fee for a service called Ichigo Reader. Really, it's cheap and speedy. I could not recommend it enough, although, sometimes things do mistranslate (and you can tell when something has done so because the font I use is different to the TLs font, but Paint doesn't have the matching font, so I just got as close as I could).
Thanks so much for translating the chapters, I've honestly been desperate to read this after I've read the anthology in the Kyoto Manga Museum but couldn't find it anywhere else. You're a godsend.

Group Leader
After this series could u looking into "Cooking Papa" it's another cooking series never got license and fully translate, the manga still going till this day since the 80s, now on 170 volume.

Double-page supporter
After this series could u looking into "Cooking Papa" it's another cooking series never got license and fully translate, the manga still going till this day since the 80s, now on 170 volume.

Honestly, no, I don't think so. I'm really only doing Oishinbo and Kaji Ryuusuke's Agenda because those are the two manga I've wanted to read that were without English translations. It'd be better if someone who was passionate about that series (or very much wanted to read it themselves) did the work. Since I'm neither of those things, I think it'd be best if someone else did it.

Users who are viewing this thread