Ojisama to Neko - Vol. 1 Ch. 15.6 - Meeting and Separation

Group Leader
I double checked the raws for chapter one, it is indeed 1 year old at the time Oji-san adopts him.
@shinoa looks like there's a mistranslation on the cat's age (should probably be 10 months, not years)

@Solistia
Hello, proofreading cat here.
I've checked with another TL and compared it to the original translation. It doesn't seem like a mistranslation on our part because if you were to check the raws for vol. 1 extra 6, I think it says years. Theoretically, I think the male employee is referring to Fukumaru's age in human years (10) which is around six months old. However, it would seem that Fukumaru refers to his age in cat years (1) which is 18 human years. In fact, I've also checked to see if it would fit in the timeline and it seems to fit in place if you take in consideration that a few years passed from page 3 to 4 and he still wouldn't be 1 years old in cat years. The only thing that strikes me as odd is that the female employee barely changes in appearance despite many years going by. If any of you have any good theories, feel free to tag me but, as of this moment, I don't think the 10 years is a mistranslation.

the dude...even if the animals don't understand words, I'm pretty sure they understand vibes...well...maybe even though he doesn't particularly like animals he does good work so he still got hired haha

Dex-chan lover
I didn't think I was going to cry so much.... I do hate it when people say that animals don't understand anything. I believe all animals can. So happy for Fukumaru....

maxresdefault.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread