Ojou-sama ga Mamorasete Kurenai - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - Protect One's Heart

Dex-chan lover
I like that the bodyguards all chat. “Who are you calling mom, dad, dear?”

It's only 2 chapters but there's way too many sexist elements in this... I'll just see myself out if this is the whole premise. 😂

@kuckoonut i'm gonna give it a fair shot but i kinda get what you mean, this feels a bit insulting toward a man's natural instinct to want to protect the people he cares about. (like cool she can protect herself, that really is great, but even so guys have an instinctual desire to be needed, and nothing fulfills that more than being the protector of someone, so being shown that not only is it unnecessary but the person in question outclasses you it can leave a man feeling useless)

Dex-chan lover
@sheepdoge you are projecting your insecurities way too much on this manga. Also, this is Josei, so you aren't exactly the target audience intended by the author.

This is the side of shoujo that I never really liked. Yeah, there’s the “twist” that he likes being protected, but the overall undertone is that she should just be “womanly” and be protected. Even if eventually the story validates her choices, the undertone stays.

And I’d argue that men protecting women is not a natural instinct. Women are put in overall vulnerable positions by men, and then told they should allow the men to protect them. The women are never allowed to protect themselves, or escape the vulnerable positions they are in, which always struck me as weird.

Fed-Kun's army
I don't quite see any sexism in this, I mean, the bodyguard's whole job is to protect her so I can see why he wants to do his job in order to not get fired after all... and the guy at the interview was looking for a way to seem dependable, which I mean, if I ever get a partner I'd like for a dependable person regardless of their gender.

Edit: And no, I do not believe protecting a woman is a part of men's natural instinct

Fed-Kun's army
Wow! It’s actually clear in this one, that he indeed protects her heart ❣ 😊 how touching!

Erm? I am not sure what you mean.

The fiance just don't want to lose face, anyone no matter the gender want to show off to others by displaying a awe-worthy characteristic.

The male lead is only saying that as a bodyguard, it is his duty to protect his master which is the girl. There's nothing more, there is just that fact.

Erm, I am not sure about you but before we were colonized. Women and men have the same status in our country. The tribes have women leading them but that also goes the same that some tribes also have men who reigns over.

Users who are viewing this thread