Okashiratsuki

These kinds of sweet and comfortable stories, I love them.

Very nice work with scanlating.

Double-page supporter
The cover was a bit misleading but i really like this. The girl thinks for herself and questions things around her. Little does she know those traits are actually a good thing. The big sister is extremely wise and notices how Japanese people don't like different things like blonde hair. To be able to admit that she's a great sister.. The end of the 1st chapter heavily spoiled the ending though...

Group Leader
To anyone checking here to decide whether to read it -- Read anything and everything Sahara Mizu. You will not be disappointed.

Double-page supporter
There are such cases irl. but this one is supernatural.

If it keeps being this heavy handed then it'll really turn into an "and then everyone clapped" kind of story

Levelheaded nice male lead and cool headed smart heroine? Nice. It's good to see characters that ponders about her surroundings and questioning it (well, it's more about questioning the difference in thought of her and other people, and the discrepancy of it).

“This said, you could spend your free time reading something better than this trainwreck.”
Definitely not true. This is a wholesome, engaging story. Very nice read.

Dex-chan lover
lol yeah. i was wondering about that disclaimer

Was that a reverse psychology? ?

The message of this manga did strike me as heavyhanded at first, but I sorta reconsidered. Most kids in the US couldn't care less about your race or hair color, and viewing it from that lense the reactions in the story are pretty unrealistic. On the other hand, Japanese schools can be brutal. There are a few news articles you can find about dumb things they've done in the name of conformity. It's a cultural issue that isn't really relevant to most native English speakers, which does make it seem preachy.

The story is pretty good otherwise

Dex-chan lover
Whoever rated this manga anything less than an 8 should just uninstall themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread