Okiku-san wa Ichatsukitai - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - Okiku-san Wants to Gift

Dex-chan lover
The real question is if she’s telling the truth. It could always be either Okiku gets possessed by the last ghost who kills the MC cause of jealousy or the oracle lady is working with the last ghost to separate the two from each other so the MC will be by herself and able to be possessed by the last ghost.

Also pretty sure the MC is the reincarnated girl in Okiku’s memories

Dex-chan lover
The real question is if she’s telling the truth. It could always be either Okiku gets possessed by the last ghost who kills the MC cause of jealousy or the oracle lady is working with the last ghost to separate the two from each other so the MC will be by herself and able to be possessed by the last ghost.

Also pretty sure the MC is the reincarnated girl in Okiku’s memories
I don't think she's being possessed. I think she has a split personality or some repressed emotions that she's not aware of at the moment.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I don't think she's being possessed. I think she has a split personality or some repressed emotions that's shes not aware of at the moment.
if that was just her hatred as a ghost, there's a possibility that the 3rd ghost that stayed close to MC all this time will intervene to stop it from happening, i mean we didn't saw the 3rd one all this time for no reason (or the childhood friend now that i think about it but idk how)

Dex-chan lover
if that was just her hatred as a ghost, there's a possibility that the 3rd ghost that stayed close to MC all this time will intervene to stop it from happening, i mean we didn't saw the 3rd one all this time for no reason (or the childhood friend now that i think about it but idk how)
Yeah with how much closer she's gotten with Okiku, I'm interested to see when this childhood friend will come in.

I assumed that there was a possibility her friend would become "endgame" instead of Okiku. For that to happen, I'd expect her to have shown up or affected the story more by now and for Okiku to be more obviously antagonistic (but Okiku seems unaware of this other side of herself). I'd also expect Ryou to be more conflicted with her feelings for Okiku and maybe to cling to her friends memory more but Ryouyou is clearly deeply in love with Okiku.

The few times she's remembered her friend it's mostly been to affirm her feelings for Okiku by comparison. Her friend has been treated like an example of a mistake she doesn't intend to make again with her current relationship, rather than something she's hung up on.

The manga has so far also maintained this lighthearted tone (even with the occasional scare) and we don't know how long it intends to be, so a lot is up in the air. It's just clearly positioning Ryou and Okiku as sympathetic figures so I wonder how it will handle things.

Last edited:
MD@Home
There is always a ghost or something in the background since ch2 (check page 20, 1st panel, the door), ch4 (last panel, last page), ch5 (last page, the shadow), ch6 (pg 21, the window), ch 7 (page 9, the mirror), ch 8 (pg 13, the window).

Weirdly enough, outside of the shadow from ch5, the appearance of the ghost have been consistence through out, one eye is swelling, the other one has blood on it. It also kinda look like the doll Okiku has when she try to get Ryou attention, same eyes and everything.

Group Leader
There is always a ghost or something in the background since ch2 (check page 20, 1st panel, the door), ch4 (last panel, last page), ch5 (last page, the shadow), ch6 (pg 21, the window), ch 7 (page 9, the mirror), ch 8 (pg 13, the window).

Weirdly enough, outside of the shadow from ch5, the appearance of the ghost have been consistence through out, one eye is swelling, the other one has blood on it. It also kinda look like the doll Okiku has when she try to get Ryou attention, same eyes and everything.
That ghost has been in every single chapter so far, not just the ones you listed.

Aggregator gang
The ghost was also in the high school flashback.
Chapter 5, page 11, meguru reflection.

If shes related to Okiku its probably because Ryouyo being reincarnation of the girl in Okiku’s memory. I would like this ghost to be separate entity from Okiku though.

Users who are viewing this thread