Okite Kudasai, Kusakabe-san - Vol. 2 Ch. 11

It's a solid ending considering the circumstances. It's a scenario where their relationship was already solidified anyway, and the only way for there to be progress was for him to actually win a round. Even by slice of life standards this formula was kinda stalled and there was only so much Aki Eda can do to keep the template going like that. If you look at this series as a whole, there's no development happening- each individual chapter is cute and comfy, but it's not going anywhere month after month. Comic Flapper isn't a stranger to slices of life, Tonari no Seki-kun runs in this same magazine, as does KumaMiko- but I can see how this series could have worn out its welcome. All things considered, let's not pretend something like this isn't how the series would end even if it was a longer serial.

So now we see what Aki Eda will do next, she tends to indulge in whatever she feels like on a whim- Wizard Soul was entirely because she got back into playing Magic the Gathering, but also had a manuscript due.

Dex-chan lover
>cancelling a solid fluffy romantic story
That's it. Japan has a very bad taste in manga.

I'm kinda sad that this manga is ending (it's one of the few manga that I'm subscribed to that sets my heart aflutter when I see a new chapter), but I'm glad it didn't end as badly as it could have.

Fed-Kun's army
Sucks that it got cancelled, but there wasn't really much else you could expand upon the concept without dragging things out. At least this chapter did a pretty good job at closing things up.

Hoping there's an omake that shows what happens later, though.

Aggregator gang
I'm upset at the cancellation but at least this ending was good. It was just the right amount of fluff and progress.
I can see why it got cancelled. There REALLY wasn't anything happening, like, at all. But still....

Dex-chan lover
Not gonna lie, I do enjoy the series, but can see why it got cancelled. 2 volumes in and literally no progress was made (yes, they are already in a relationship, but apparently they never even kiss or make out? They didn't really acted like two adults in a relationship).

Dex-chan lover
@jak and they'd be wrong! It's the pop of manga. Damn ruminant, hillside grazers. They need more culture ;)

I actually could go into a length analogy of mainstream chart music and the numerous studies on how it's objectively worse in pretty much every aspect of its construction (recording, mastering, lyrics, variety, technically etc) compared to other genres and even itself 30 years ago and how its popularity is a result of factors external to the quality of the music but that would be taking this too seriously considering it was in jest anyway lol

Dex-chan lover
awh i was enjoying the ending of each chapter...

Dex-chan lover
A comfy end to a comfy series, it was nice while it lasted. I like how her bed head was making her more self conscious than just the nudity by itself.

Dex-chan lover
I’m ... kinda not surprised. It was good but it was booooring — rather, I think it would have worked better at 8 - 12 pages, per.

I think this end on a great note,this series is something that you would turn off you brain and enjoy the cute stuff, there's no need for it to be that long,altho i want the couple to have a bit more development.

Users who are viewing this thread