Oku-sama wa Niizuma-chan - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - Hitohadamegimashita "I Helped"

Custom title
Staff
Developer
Thanks, but any chance you could use a more legible font? Not only is it pretty small, but the jagged serifs are making it kind of a blur if I don't zoom in compared to most scanlations on the site.

Fed-Kun's army
@Teasday

I tried to use size 18 font but that didn't fit well. It's size 16 for the most part now. What are yo using to read? I check for legibility on my phone and tablet as well as my PC and I don't really have an issue and my eyes are old as fuck.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@ThePaulBunyanTrophy A PC with a 23" screen, but more to the point I tend to read with double page and fit to container on. Had to switch to fit to width to make the images a bit bigger.

I don't think font size is the bigger issue anyway, I would just recommend a cleaner font. It's not that I couldn't read the manga without zooming in if I tried, more that I couldn't read it comfortably with what I'm used to because the font is harder to parse than necessary. The serifs especially are making it pretty bad, and letters like O with that pointless little dot in the middle are particularly weird.

I mean, it's a cool looking font, but for standard text it's a bit too much.

Looks like this to me, basically:
CQTTR.png

Fed-Kun's army
@Teasday

I'm 4 pages into the next chapter so I'll probably try something new with chapter 7. I generally like the look of the font, but am not a fan of how the period and the comma looked so similar. Still trying to figure out my set of fonts but I'm pretty fickle so settling in has been hard.

Agreeing with @Teasday that the font is hard to read with all the serifs. Maybe try something like Wild Words - http://fontsgeek.com/fonts/CC-Wild-Words-Roman - that seems to be a standard choice and is very easy to read.

Either way, thanks for the chapter. This has been a fun read so far.

Am I the only one who snickered at Niizuma-chan's reaction to her search results for "naked apron"?

>Canon art later on puts on some shitty armor on them
They put shitty armor on everyone in SC2.

Dex-chan lover
" The serifs especially are making it pretty bad, and letters like O with that pointless little dot in the middle are particularly weird."

Sans Serif-fonts are usually recommended for reading on a screen (and yes, I'm using a small and cheap laptop). Moreover, it used to be that the difference between a capital O and a zero, 0, was that the zero had a small dot in the center, so that's what I am seeing here. Yes I'm that old. It beats the alternative...

BCS

Dex-chan lover
Okay both of them are either retarded or asexual. Moving on.

Users who are viewing this thread