Oku-sama wa Niizuma-chan - Vol. 1 Ch. 7 - Oujiwa Kissde Mewo Samasu. "The Prince Awakens with a Kiss"

Aggregator gang
@Kochi3 Yeah, so? As I mentioned, the couple in "No Guard Wife" is obviously married as well. And they still just occasionally mention or imply that they indeed had sex.

Maybe these two have sex as well, but it's not getting any focus because it's a less 'wholesome' part of married life, and so, also not what this manga wants to represent with itself. Acting all bashful and cutesy doesn't stop them from doing the deed which is also clear, once again, in that manga I mentioned.

Again, do you want to jack off to the implications or words mentioning them having sex or what? Why does such a minor thing have so much importance for you guys? I really don't get it...

Dex-chan lover
To put it another way, both the translator and a lot of the readers are taking the absence of any obvious sign that they do engage in expected-of-normal-spouses physical intimacy at least off-screen too seriously.

https://1000waystodie.fandom.com/wiki/Ichiboned
Relevant to discussion.

tl;dr Japanese couple married for 14 years never had sex. When they finally did, they both died after orgasm due to their hearts being unable to handle the adrenaline/hormones. Japanese culture is different from American culture.

@kamen9s >Japanese culture is different from American culture.

and that's why they die when having sex, because they wait 14 years to do it, if instead they were just giving it to the lust it will be a different story 😋

but I agree with TL, one thing is to have a pure relationship with a 'no-married' partner but a no-sex relationship in a marriage, that's just plain stupid, even that panel when the husband sees her in her bra... WTF! I won't close the door and leave, I will jump in right to those bazoonkas

@TheBlueCat I salute you!

If by next chapter they don't even off-screen have sex, I will go to japan and fuck the mangaka (with consent of course 😉) so it will have experience and be able to draw it for this couple

Fed-Kun's army
This is another newly wed manga that's done better, IMO. I did a test scanlation with sample images.

https://imgur.com/a/en1yN6h

Yeah, it's Sakiyo Cake. Don't search for him on nhentai unless you want fura/shota/yaoi all up your face, but the example above is just a fluffy newly wed manga.

BTW, it's Yukino, not Yukimo...

I get what you mean, but I don't agree. I think it's a really cute manga. I guess it's a difference of expectations, because I wasn't exactly looking for intimacy and came here just for the cuteness.
Also, it might be a bit unfair, but a kiss on the cheek by chapter 7 is actually pretty good by Japanese romcom standards. I've suffered through much worse, and those works weren't even half as cute as this one.

Fed-Kun's army
@GalladeGuy

It's just first 6 pages or so, so no. The first volume just came out yesterday so I was thinking about it, but have made no decision as of yet. If you want to pick it up, feel free. It's cute.

Fed-Kun's army
I think the Anime Plus font is easier to read, thx for your hard work!

Dex-chan lover
well i mean, i get why ur complaining but there IS a reason japan has under population problems... kek

Contributor
I agree with the last page. They can be cute and like a married couple. Heck, I wonder how they even got this far if a bra reveal was too much to handle.

The point is that a relationship without any physical intimacy is just plain unrealistic unless they literally dont have a sex drive. And even then you should probably not be embarassed when "h-h-holding hands" with your spouse or seeing a bra. At this point I doubt if they even ever saw each other naked.

Sex has an important role in a relationship. Its not about horny readers wanting to see a "and then they fucked" on the end of the chapter, its about having a terribly unrealistic depiction of romance/married life that distracts from the cuteness. As a reader i go from "oh thats cute" to "excuse me what the fucc" which is a shame since it could be such a nice read.

I feel like the problem here is the authors lack of experience. He writes what he THINKS married life is like , that is why their relationship seems so surface level (because it is) . If anything this type of "comfy and fluffy" shit seems more like what an actual incel would think relationships are like
I conclusion I get what you feel and I dont think anybody will hold something against you if you decide to drop it.

The other couples are fine, though. What little of their lives together have been shown, it's pretty normal. This couple isn't. They're the weird ones. That's the point, the joke. It's not treated as how "normal couples" act. Niizuma's nature, being astonishingly sheltered, having no real experience in much of anything, extremely childish and easily embarrassed, that's the joke for the most part. The point. Someone this weird and abnormal attempting to live a married life.

The abnormality of that is acknowledged in pretty much every chapter, as that's where all the set up for the simple comedy comes from. The neighbors just casually suggested dumb things like naked apron or giving her erotic novels, and Niizuma just freaking out at that. She can't even properly buy potatoes and falls asleep while watching movies like a kid. She likes getting her head pat, for God's sake. Her childishness is as obvious as it gets. Much of it is established in the first chapter, where she was distracted by what might as well be toys, and it's stayed consistent to this chapter, where she was playing in a park like a kid, having fun on swings.

She's a childish, abnormally sheltered girl, which is juxtaposed with her trying to be a married adult. That's the whole premise. I know I'm defending it a bit too hard, but to see all of this, and assume the author is some incel that's lost his mind and thinks this is the norm, just seems like a pretty big leap in logic to me.

Contributor
I guess Ase to Sekken is only recent non-smut manga that shows couple having sex.

Fed-Kun's army
@MilkyHate

I agree with most of what you're saying, and what is discordant to me is the author sets her up as this innocent, clueless, pure being like you said and then still throws her in all these erotic (maybe not for her but definitely for her husband) situations. That's just not my taste. I feel like she's got the mentality of a grade school girl but she's portrayed in an uber sexy form. It's like trying to watch those creepy child beauty pageants where you got these prepubescent girls slathered in thick makeup and wearing hooker special dresses. It's just icky.

Basically this: https://i.imgur.com/lNMDw1V.png

I make no presumptions about what the author is like and what his predilections are, however.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
The font is definitely easier on the eyes, although I think for the most part you could've bumped the font size up a few pixels.

Also, I have to assume "we're by ourselves again" was some kind of a nervous joke because that's a bit of an obvious statement for two people living together to make.

Users who are viewing this thread