Oku-san - Vol. 19 Ch. 138

Group Leader
It's confusing because Father says Daa-san was there to repair something but he's wearing a student uniform. Maybe Father is making something up to not freak out Mom even more.
Daa-san wear some sort of badge (near his tie), so maybe is't uniform? (It's just a white shirt and tie).

The only thing Kyouko's students learned is the glory of thickness. And this is why teaching is an admirable profession.

Dex-chan lover
My tinfoil theory is that since Youko is a career woman and her husband is a house husband that we're gonna learn Kyouko had a promising career herself but gave it up to marry Daisuke and become a house wife. This caused a rift because Youko wanted Kyouko to be successful like her and she blames Daisuke for "corrupting" her daughter into giving up that lifestyle. Counter point to my own theory is that Kyouko is a bit of a ditz and I think we have already confirmed that she didn't go to college so her being some secret girl boss would be a wild pitch out of left field.

Posted in Chapter 135. Turns out my counter point was baseless, Kyouko apparently did go to college and even got a teaching license (equivalent of a Master's Degree required in Japan along with 2+ years of training). She could have still been a student teacher at that point but her mom insists it was a "new job" which implies it was a full position.

Honestly, I can kind of see where Youko is coming from. All that time, effort, and work to become a teacher to give it all up to become a stay at home wife. I mean it's Kyouko's decision and more power to her but I can empathize with what the mom must be feeling. Still though, blaming Daisuke when Kyouko made it readily apparent that it was her decision is some bullshit.

Dex-chan lover
Okusan refused the stronk independant woman path, she chose the housewifa path, I love that

Dex-chan lover
Posted in Chapter 135. Turns out my counter point was baseless, Kyouko apparently did go to college and even got a teaching license (equivalent of a Master's Degree required in Japan along with 2+ years of training). She could have still been a student teacher at that point but her mom insists it was a "new job" which implies it was a full position.

Honestly, I can kind of see where Youko is coming from. All that time, effort, and work to become a teacher to give it all up to become a stay at home wife. I mean it's Kyouko's decision and more power to her but I can empathize with what the mom must be feeling. Still though, blaming Daisuke when Kyouko made it readily apparent that it was her decision is some bullshit.
What might add to this is that Japan is especially conservative in view that once married woman must become a housewife while husband is provider. Among many men it's considered inappropriate and emasculating for husband and wife work full time. Even worse when wife earns more than husband. If husband becomes stay at home guy and wife is earning money then it's a but of a grey zone nowadays.

This is one of the main reasons why many successful women refuse to marry. They don't want to give up all thier hard work they put i to their careers.

Users who are viewing this thread