Okusama ga Seito Kaichou!

@Kangiru read between the lines, somewhere when she was writing volume 11, she was told to wrap up the manga in 2 more volumes. For what reason? We may never know. It could be that season 2 of the anime sold poorly, it could be that season 2 didn't raise sales enough, or it could be that the manga sales collapsed.

Whatever the case is, it was rushed to the end when it was clearly planned for multiple volumes. In both the anime and the manga, they touched on Rin
being the other childhood friend, and potentially the second girl promised to Hayato.
Not only that, in volume 11 they just hit the second year, with the manga presumably moving to the third year at some point. If that wasn't enough, the characterization of Rin in the last two volumes was not in line with the previous volumes.

This means that they canned it and told her to wrap it up, so what we saw in volume 13 would have presumably in a later volume if it kept on going on, most likely spread over 2 volumes instead of 4 chapters.

Double-page supporter
The ecchi is great, I much enjoy Izumi getting into hinjinks with Wakana and Mizumi. But that's really about it.

As usual MC is indecisive. To some extent I understand, since his "marrige" with Wakana was forced, but even so he really doesn't try advancing his relationship with Wakana, nor making a clear boundary between him and Mizumi. Being surface deep we know nothing about him and little about his past. The same applies for Wakana and Mizumi.

The plot itself is entirely predictable. It really begs the question why this had to be 69 chapters, 20 would have been enough given how much is filler. I would balk more at the ending, but I know little about each character anyways and as a result he didn't really connect with any of them. Its not clear when this arranged marriage with Wakana becomes love, and that's lazy story writing.

The art is fine, if on the bland side. Darker coloring and more expressive faces would have helped.

5/10.

The ecchi is great, I much enjoy Izumi getting into hinjinks with Wakana and Mizumi. But that's really about it.

As usual MC is indecisive. To some extent I understand, since his "marrige" with Wakana was forced, but even so he really doesn't try advancing his relationship with Wakana, nor making a clear boundary between him and Mizumi. Being surface deep we know nothing about him and little about his past. The same applies for Wakana and Mizumi.

The plot itself is entirely predictable. It really begs the question why this had to be 69 chapters, 20 would have been enough given how much is filler. I would balk more at the ending, but I know little about each character anyways and as a result he didn't really connect with any of them. Its not clear when this arranged marriage with Wakana becomes love, and that's lazy story writing.

The art is fine, if on the bland side. Darker coloring and more expressive faces would have helped.

5/10.
I am admittedly a little biased (okay, very biased), but the only character who had any development was Rin, and she was the clear loser. The main pair were basically the same characters in the end that they were in the beginning, and they shafted the most popular and one with the most character development.

This tells me that Rin getting such prominent screen time is editor intervention because she sold manga. Since her final arc felt very out of character, and it was clear that the manga artist didn’t want to give her the proper resolution that someone of her popularity commanded.

Not only that, they use Rin to market the manga even now, many years after the manga ended, so they clearly know who the fans love.

Users who are viewing this thread