Okusan - Vol. 19 Ch. 135

Dex-chan lover
So what happened between them that she wouldn’t tell her mother she pregnant?

Double-page supporter
So what happened between them that she wouldn’t tell her mother she pregnant?

Think it was mentioned in an early chapter that she disapproved of Kyouko marrying Daisuke and thus they had a falling out. Kyouko is still angry about it hence why she's cut off communications with her specifically (but not her dad). That's why Youko mentioned how she must still be angry with her.

I guess we'll find out exactly what happened though I can't see it being nearly that big of a deal and it's probably just Kyouko being immature and throwing a long tantrum. The tone of this series has been lighthearted the entire time and I can't imagine that changing. Still seems weird that Youko would have anything bad to say about Daisuke considering he's a stand up guy without any major flaws (to be fair he's also kind of a cardboard cutout given his presence is used more as a plot device than a real character).

My tinfoil theory is that since Youko is a career woman and her husband is a house husband that we're gonna learn Kyouko had a promising career herself but gave it up to marry Daisuke and become a house wife. This caused a rift because Youko wanted Kyouko to be successful like her and she blames Daisuke for "corrupting" her daughter into giving up that lifestyle. Counter point to my own theory is that Kyouko is a bit of a ditz and I think we have already confirmed that she didn't go to college so her being some secret girl boss would be a wild pitch out of left field.

Dex-chan lover
Think it was mentioned in an early chapter that she disapproved of Kyouko marrying Daisuke and thus they had a falling out. Kyouko is still angry about it hence why she's cut off communications with her specifically (but not her dad). That's why Youko mentioned how she must still be angry with her.

Ah ok, though like you said , that seems minor compared to straight up disowning a parent. The mom might have done something like refuse to come to her wedding for that kind of reaction. That fits the story’s tone without being too far fetched.

Users who are viewing this thread