OL Vtuber to Oshi JK-chan - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - A date with my Oshi...

Dex-chan lover
ah yes talk about your vtuber personas out in public, in a vtuber collab cafe no less, im sure no one will overhear 😭
I mean idk if it showed anyone in the background eyeing them, but this kinda collab i feel like would be something smaller youtubers go to tweet about and maybe talk loudly on purpose as a way to get more followers themselves XD (altho i imagine they both have their own decent following to be able to have a live chat/livestream as opposed to edited finished vids and getting the occasional comment lol)

tho interesting the high schooler was willing to go to her house so quickly too, online friendships aside idk how easily most ppl would go to a person's place if they weren't like classmates or neighbors lol.

--

I'm surprised "LINE" would've needed to be parodied/censored at all considering it's like a free? service /why it's so popular as an alternative to a texting plan and it being directly named dropped in other series lol

Last edited:
Supporter
That office lady really is going to die from moe. She's down worse every chapter.

JK talking about graduation makes me wonder if there will be a time skip at some point. This is a fluffy manga so I expect any progress will wait until JK is 18.

Dex-chan lover
That office lady really is going to die from moe. She's down worse every chapter.

JK talking about graduation makes me wonder if there will be a time skip at some point. This is a fluffy manga so I expect any progress will wait until JK is 18.
I don't think the onee-san is going to last until the JK graduates... the real question is, when will the JK realise of her feelings?

Dex-chan lover
I don't think the onee-san is going to last until the JK graduates... the real question is, when will the JK realise of her feelings?
well, the JK was like "It's a date~" even tho some ppl say that half jokingly even with ppl of the same gender but wouldn't be surprised if the younger chara is more of the 'chaser' or so and impatient or so, but fanservice wise idk how fanservicey it'll get versus them just getting to know each other and 'falling in love' and then 'officially' dating at 18 or so

wonder how many vtubers actually are dating since JP ones act as 'idols' more or less, other than the 'yuri' bait, not that i'm super into vtubers but surprise ppl don't 'debut ' as a couple or so, so ppl aren't fuming when a 'popular oshi' gets a bf or whatever

Supporter
wonder how many vtubers actually are dating since JP ones act as 'idols' more or less, other than the 'yuri' bait, not that i'm super into vtubers but surprise ppl don't 'debut ' as a couple or so, so ppl aren't fuming when a 'popular oshi' gets a bf or whatever
As someone who knows next to nothing about the vtuber scene, I'm the wrong person to comment...but I'm gonna talk out my ass anyway:

I would think the anonymity of being a vtuber would allow them to date freely (but secretly) unlike actual idols and idol adjacents like seiyuus.
I could see them being more open about having a same sex relationship than a straight one though because of what you said about people fuming.

Mostly throwing this out there so people that actually know about the vtuber scene can come correct me.

Dex-chan lover
As someone who knows next to nothing about the vtuber scene, I'm the wrong person to comment...but I'm gonna talk out my ass anyway:

I would think the anonymity of being a vtuber would allow them to date freely (but secretly) unlike actual idols and idol adjacents like seiyuus.
I could see them being more open about having a same sex relationship than a straight one though because of what you said about people fuming.

Mostly throwing this out there so people that actually know about the vtuber scene can come correct me.
lol yeah i wouldn't be surprised if the 'popular' ones also did' fake' relationships/only 'flirted' on stream with other ppl, other than the ones that play the 'mommy/onee-chan types' in a platonic way versus a thirst-trap way lol

But i can imagine with all the 'retirements', other than standard contracts only lasting a few years that some companies would be harsh, i mean in japan since there's already similar stuff, but idk if i'd trust some western companies that are for 'vtubers' versus just content creators in general or just getting money from twitch or so lol

I imagine japan can't get as 'political', one got backlash? for talking about hong kong or taiwan or so. Meanwhile you see an 'american' youtuber like nux joking about getting 'cancelled' every other vid but still uploads vids pretty consistently lol

although without going into any details, i can totally imagine some stay at home/retired mom/house wife or like an office worker streaming on the weekends and just shit talking ppl they know in a cathartic way because it's anonymous lol

And ASMR isn't inherently sexual but imagine for the more lewd Vtubers doing moaning requests or so and the walls are thin for all the apartment neighbors to hear lol XD

Dex-chan lover
This is just translating trivia, "dating" and "go on a date" that people usually translate to come from 付き合う (literally to attach yourself to somebody or tag along with someone) which can be dating of course but normally it's used for "going/hanging out" and it's a more grown up expression of "遊びに行く", which is "go out to play" or the same as before, but this one is commonly used for children or when the purpose of the outing/hanging is having some fun. So far the JK is enjoying hanging out (dating) with her new friend and I think is clearly implicit that she has few to no friends, that's why she's overjoyed by being with onee-san. The one who takes this dating seriously is our office worker.
Note: デット Anglicism is just a fancy word that nowadays it's pretty common use for either naming the action of hanging out with someone close or a special other.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
@EchoGirl @DrJamesFox that above was regarding the meaning of that translation as "dating" (of course, it's usually used with ambiguity in manga), as for Vtubers unlike IRL they don't necessarely live in the same city, but series wouldn't work out if one of them was in Fukuoka and the other in Tokyo for instance. But yes, Vtubers get more anonimity until they're doxxed (gets leaked their personal info and stalkers are on the move), but for that to happen is harder normal Youtubers and it always depend on popularity, only idols that bring in big numbers are those who need to hide their private life. As a comparison, the average idol group is amateurish and the kind of that does concerts like dancing academies hold anual graduation parties where they show some plays in a local theatre for family and friends.

Users who are viewing this thread