Omega Tribe - Vol. 2 Ch. 17 - Shinjuku, east exit

That article was last 2017... It's not like some black swan event occurred last 2020 which were exploited by the rich to increase their wealth.
https://www.worldbank.org/en/news/feature/2023/12/18/2023-in-nine-charts-a-growing-inequality
I don't know what you're trying to prove ? I'm talking about the long run, as you can see by your own article, the number of poors didn't even increase. Of course a pandemic will hit poor countries harder, who's to blame for a global pandemic ?
You got to send me evidences that the usual situation is the increase of inequalities, not just for a period of 3 years due to a thing that happens 1 times a century.
And yes, many actions of the governments and the central banks made the rich richer (stock market only) but they kinda allowed the people and the economy to survive, I hope you're grateful for that.

Poverty measured by wages is nonsense. Actual poverty has increased and will be continue to do so. No China as actually not eliminated poverty despite its claims and Argentina right now under the "free market" has more poor people than ever. You are either out of reality or have actual economic interest in masquerading this like the IMF or the UN
https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/01436597.2015.1109439

This is incomprensible. You too are on the internet and just mande a political comment. Fiction is political and both this manga and the translator are explicitly so, please snap out of your fantasy world and stop speaking nonsense.
Poverty can be measured by wages since it's adjusted for inflation and PPP. They did not eliminate it but I strongly recommend you to look at the situation of China pre-communism and after. "Yeah it's bad, inequalities blabla" but man they didn't have enough to eat ?!
Milei is in post since like 6 months ? Of course if you delete some useless public officials and subsidized useless profession such as artist (yup, 40% of poverty rate but the leftists judged fine the fact that taxpayers paid for artists) you'll have more poors but wait and see.
"Poverty is increasing" is something you can only say if your'e twisting the numbers or not telling the whole truth. In ABSOLUTE VALUE, maybe then. Because as I said some countries aren't self-sufficient but thanks to free-market they still managed to make their population skyrocket. Here they are : https://ourworldindata.org/explorer...surveys=false&country=BGD~BOL~KEN~MOZ~NGA~ZMB
BUT if you look at the share of population living in extreme poverty in the world, it has fallen significantly since 1820 : https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/share-of-population-living-in-extreme-poverty-cost-of-basic-needs

I didn't say you shouldn't make political comment, don't just think everything politicaly. What you said to the translator was "huh u dumb u pro capitalist but the art is not". I'm 100% sure that he knows that and still like this manga. You just made an hominem and a bad one because it's not even incoherent to defend capitalism while reading art like this.

Poverty can be measured by wages since it's adjusted for inflation and PPP
Again nonsense which is already addressed in the article I linked.

but man they didn't have enough to eat
They did. Which the article I linked proves.

wait and see.
I'll pass, this has happened a hundred times already, people will be poorer than ever but gdp formally grows and a couple of "special economic zones" and amorphous glass buildings are enstabilished to please the eyes of foreign investors.

Because as I said some countries aren't self-sufficient but thanks to free-market they still managed to make their population skyrocket
What does this have to do with anything and what are you talking about? China for example got access to the "free market" thanks to its one-child policy and the World Bank is pushing for child prevention worldwide under the guise of overpopulation.

https://www.pop.org/world-bank-population-policy-remote-control/

Not sure why you brought this up, though it's funny to argue about population boom in a thread about a Malthusian manga.
just think everything politicaly.
I am sorry it offends you that existence, which includes fiction as a mirror of it, is political.

Again nonsense which is already addressed in the article I linked.
Won't pay, won't read this
They did. Which the article I linked proves.
Only 20-40M Deaths, it's chineses, who cares anyway
I'll pass, this has happened a hundred times already, people will be poorer than ever but gdp formally grows and a couple of "special economic zones" and amorphous glass buildings are enstabilished to please the eyes of foreign investors.
Such as in every south-east asian countries ? We know it won't happen. The example of Argentina is interesting because it was one of the wealthiest country (if not THE) of the world, false excuses don't work.
What does this have to do with anything and what are you talking about? China for example got access to the "free market" thanks to its one-child policy and the World Bank is pushing for child prevention worldwide under the guise of overpopulation.
I don't get what you mean, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-child_policy not a single reference of free-market, those 2 seems to be unlinked though i might be wrong. It seems dumb now but back at the time everybody thought that we were going for 50B people, now it's not even a thing obv. They were wrong but I'm not their lawyer so..

Not sure why you brought this up, though it's funny to argue about population boom in a thread about a Malthusian manga.
I don't want to be unpolite but are you serious ? I've told it in a implicit way several times. I don't like the ideas of this manga. I'll go as far as to say I found it is really dumb. Though I have the abstraction capacity to leave my opinions aside for 2 hours.
I think I'll stop there, see you maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread