Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint - Ch. 18 - Line of Hypocrisy (3)

Ayy does that mean the food was deducted in the novel too? I wonder how his deal will go now that the dokkaebi has changed temporarily

Fed-Kun's army
@Akera93 remember he wasnt the only one to ever read it. but people kept dropping off till eventually he was the only one who was consistently reading and the only one who finished the novel

Gilyoung is as cute as Bihyung!
But I want to see Bihyung not this.. new dokkaebi ;A;
Will this be a cute dokkaebi... ?

@Nekocchi

This guy doesn’t show up often but according to the novel, “His tone was timid but he was crueler than any dokkaebi”

@Akera93 he is not the only one. There’re around 1200 ppl read this but they drop the novel at 50th chapter or sth. There’s an arc talk abt this but later on in the story

Dex-chan lover
@Akera93 Probably a combination of having mediocre writing (not a dig at the series, just saying maybe the in universe story was told a bit less well) and also just being insanely long.

Worth remembering that the protagonist of what he read redid stuff a ton, right? Like when he dies it resets or something? So imagine if it was something like redoing these 18 chapters 70 times, I can see how that'd shake off a lot of the readers, if say, you were a million words down and only finally getting to chapter 18 equivalent.

Still though it's true that ultimately it comes down to 'plot device' I'm sure there'd be at least a few other people probably, but honestly even 10 might be a bit optimistic depending on exactly how tedious it got.

Is this going to be dropped now? Since the official English is now available on Webtoon?

Is this going to be dropped now? Since the official English is now available on Webtoon?
@NotAlice it depends, sometimes the official translation speed of some manhwa/manga was so slow, like a few chapters behind the latest one.

Fed-Kun's army
I almost forgot how cold Kim Dokja was in the beginning lol. Rereading everything and catching what I missed before is so damn satisfying!

every time i’m reminded there’s a kid with them i get nervous for that kid😭

thank you for translating!

@akera93
It's a repeat stuff for 3000+ chapters.
Haruhi's famous 'endless eight' get a lot of hate/dropped/skipped with only eight repeated ep while this one is a lot more than that (
1863 regressions
to be exact) and it's not like it becomes more intense at a later episode either.
Seriously, ways of survival sounds like a shitty novel lol. I would drop it and would be seriously surprised if anyone can finish it and also remember everything in the novel.

Dex-chan lover
@Akera93
In fact
there are other reader of the serie but they stop at must at chap 100, after that only the MC continue to read until the end.
If my memorie is correct, there are 12 000 peoples who read it until the chapter 50 and 12 in the chapter 100

Thank you for this translation! There is an official webtoon translation now, but the quality is not great imo (messed up details, poor localization choices).

Users who are viewing this thread