Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint - Ch. 218

Dex-chan lover
The pain.
b1fc5662-cd11-4d59-b0ef-76b1d72983a9.png

Dex-chan lover
The thing that frustrates me, is that there is this implication of plausibility being a very expensive resource. And so far that fiction has held up and felt very true. We have seen constellations over use it, and then experience great costs.
In the eventuality of Kim Dokja making a come back, what sort of consequences will we see for this for the greater constellations? For any of this?
This is the result of an extreme over reach by constellations, killing a unique boss, getting two of their own killed in the process, all to kill one man in the cruelest way possible?

When he makes a come back, I just feel like none of the gods who orchestrated this will have experienced enough consequences for this over reach. They have actively named themselves in these events, opening themselves up to reprisal. They have turned the canonically best warriors of the current star stream against them.

It borders on stupid villainy, and I just don't know how you can get satisfying payback and consequences for this, if there will be any?

The thing that frustrates me, is that there is this implication of plausibility being a very expensive resource. And so far that fiction has held up and felt very true. We have seen constellations over use it, and then experience great costs.
In the eventuality of Kim Dokja making a come back, what sort of consequences will we see for this for the greater constellations? For any of this?
This is the result of an extreme over reach by constellations, killing a unique boss, getting two of their own killed in the process, all to kill one man in the cruelest way possible?

When he makes a come back, I just feel like none of the gods who orchestrated this will have experienced enough consequences for this over reach. They have actively named themselves in these events, opening themselves up to reprisal. They have turned the canonically best warriors of the current star stream against them.

It borders on stupid villainy, and I just don't know how you can get satisfying payback and consequences for this, if there will be any?

Well you've made a few bad assumptions. One, is confusing Plausibility Restriction for Plausibility the resource. There can be a limit on how much power you can exert based on the current Plausibility, but Nebulae and other high level beings can spend stored Plausibility to do things they wouldn't typically be allowed to do. Given that they're relatively ancient Nebulae, you can assume they have quite the Plausibility stored up and are using it now in one of their last few gambits.

Two is the notion of "the current Star Stream." There's only one Star Stream. As was explained previously, Constellations are still warriors of the Star Stream, just in much much higher scenarios where there's less agency to complete them. Papyrus, Vedas, and Olympus are not worried about Kim Dokja's Company now, but they are worried about what they may become and are trying to crush them early. From their perspective they've just gotten rid of an upstart with too much ambition who fell beneath the weight of his own hubris, so I wouldn't call it stupid villainy. Just classic oligarchs trying to keep their world order the way they like it.

As for how you can get satisfying payback and consequences, you'll just have to wait and see.

Why do I feel like the Uriel scene could've been more emotional..? In any case, poor Uriel :qq:

Users who are viewing this thread