On the Balcony Again Today - Vol. 3 Ch. 35 - Follow the Veranda Rules!

Dex-chan lover
Literal race to the bottom there :lul:

...and that final panel is pretty nice too :meguusmug:

Good resolution if a little too speedy. Better than artificial drama, I suppose :thumbsup:

Double-page supporter
Some day he'll be able to say it to his neighbour (not to neighbour-san, which is two completely different things)

Aggregator gang
this chapter annoyed me for some reason, the drama got cancelled and i'm like 'what was the point'? it's not like the whole thing made them realize something new, right?

Dex-chan lover
Got the blessing of not-mother!

this chapter annoyed me for some reason, the drama got cancelled and i'm like 'what was the point'? it's not like the whole thing made them realize something new, right?
I don't think they haven't realized themselves, it's just they are too self aware of the fact she is a popular actress and that may cause difficulties
maybe now that the manager knows they are in love (despite of what they say) she'll act as a wingman for both of them

Dex-chan lover
Got the blessing of not-mother!

I don't think they haven't realized themselves, it's just they are too self aware of the fact she is a popular actress and that may cause difficulties
maybe now that the manager knows they are in love (despite of what they say) she'll act as a wingman for both of them
Are they in love already though? I'm not so sure they're there yet. I think what neighbor-san was supposed to say there was that he will miss her, and maybe attempt to establish some form of contact after she moves away.

Of course, there's no way confirm it unless one of them actually says it out loud or even monologues it. My personal interpretation is that they currently just make each other feel better, which can still be construed as companionship. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think the story just works better for me if they have to go through some more experiences together before they actually start having undeniable romantic feelings for each other.

Dex-chan lover
Imagine how much better this manga would be if they were just already dating by now, and we got fluff along with them navigating how to be close as she does her acting stuff and he freelances, all while figuring out the co habitation thing along the way.

Dex-chan lover
feels like the chapter that heralds the final volume is upon us.

Dex-chan lover
I have the exact same issue, and I can put it to precise words.

It looked like the "one last thing" was going to be a confession of love. A change in their dynamic. Some kind of moving forward, regardless of if it were accepted or rejected.

Now, instead of moving out, she's staying, and we get the status quo. The author gets to spin her wheels on this story and just keep it in a state of nothing happening for however long she wants.

As you said, it makes the issue seem meaningless. Hopefully the author doesn't drag this out, but we'll see.

Dex-chan lover
Even the manager has the same thought, they should've been a lover already

Cmon you both are already adult

Dex-chan lover
For some reason it's annoying to me that they keep calling each other "neighbour-san".
Maybe it sounds better with the actual Japanese word I guess, rather than weebing a "san" after an English word

Users who are viewing this thread