Once Again

Yup, very good. A fine example of visual narrative fiction from China that isn't garbage (i may be biased, but more than 90% of content originating from there reads like shit, at least that was my experience).

Touches upon similar themes that "Haruka na machi e" did, but given it's length and strong focus on "romance" part, it feels much less sophisticated. Still worth the time though.

Dex-chan lover
I remember reading the English chapters in the former Bato.to; have they not been transferred this whole time?

Anyways, this short story has a wonderful theme and I enjoyed the buildup!

I agree this is surprisingly good for a Chinese story, usually they're either adaptations of novels or just bad. I wouldn't compare this to haruka no machi e, the goal wasn't a time travel and it's more focused on the current life of this corporate guy. It's interesting how he can't see the faces of other people and leads himself into his own downfall.

Unfortunately, the ending cuts short without solving anything. There's no reason why he'd change his attitude and you don't know what will happen next. Quite sad.

I figured out that
the young girl was actually his wife earlier on so it wasn’t really a big surprise for me... But boy, I really like how he expresses regret in his words, it felt very poetic and real.
I guess this is the first melancholic manhua I’ve read and I was not expecting much, but I fell in love. Totally recommending this.

Dex-chan lover
This one is nice and all, but I think it needs a little more suffering.

Users who are viewing this thread