Once You Know the True Meanings... - Vol. 1 Ch. 56 - Snow White

Fed-Kun's army
"The evil princess who poisoned Snow White"

tf you mean EVIL?! Her actions prevented Snow White from going through torture and screwed over that insane prince

Dex-chan lover
"The evil princess who poisoned Snow White"

tf you mean EVIL?! Her actions prevented Snow White from going through torture and screwed over that insane prince
I think they're referring to the original.

Dex-chan lover
Felt pretty bad for Cinderella, not gonna lie. What's up with this lousy witch? I hope she gets hers, just like the prince.
The witch turned the Prince into a maniac (using the mermaid's screams), then gets cinderella to go to the maniac prince, and then punishes the maniac prince afterwards despite being the one at fault for making him a maniac.

Witch is a menace. I love ignorant characters whose only purpose on this earth is to fuck with someone before going "RIP BOZO".

Dex-chan lover
The witch turned the Prince into a maniac (using the mermaid's screams), then gets cinderella to go to the maniac prince, and then punishes the maniac prince afterwards despite being the one at fault for making him a maniac.
I was thinking about just this as I let this arc digest. He was almost certainly normal, but when he heard the mermaids voice (which we're told at the beginning bewitches and drives men mad) scream in bloody agony and pain, he was changed. I wouldn't say the Prince is innocent, but he's another victim of the witch, that much is true.

Why on earth did the Mermaid ever trust the witch? :shamihuh:

Dex-chan lover
I was thinking about just this as I let this arc digest. He was almost certainly normal, but when he heard the mermaids voice (which we're told at the beginning bewitches and drives men mad) scream in bloody agony and pain, he was changed. I wouldn't say the Prince is innocent, but he's another victim of the witch, that much is true.

Why on earth did the Mermaid ever trust the witch? :shamihuh:
love is one hell of a drug, and this witch is the dealer

Double-page supporter
Wow that's so noble of Cinderella. I feel so bad for her :(((( In the end, that crazy sadistic prince didn't let her go easily.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Seeds of anxiety and this...

I'm glad I didn't drop this manga. These last 3 chapters were really great. The mangaka actually knows how to make an good and disturbing story. Hope he stops making 4-koma and make this type of story instead.

Dex-chan lover
The fairytale chapters are great, but a lot of the punchlines in this manga are either very hard or just doesn't translate due to the doublespeak in japanese.

Dex-chan lover
the witch steals the Mermaid princess voice for a pair of legs, ironically the prince marries a songstress. Mermaid princess dies mournfully which enchants the prince. Cinderella hears of the prince's ritual and pities him, the witch offers her the opportunity to console him (which granted, she does). the prince marries Cinderella, is kept captive and abused by the prince, and the witch accompanies now princess Cinderella as a magic mirror. she asks the mirror everyday if someone is more beautiful than herself, but upon learning that Snow white was more captivating than her, Cinderella disguised herself and poisoned Snow white in an act to 'preserve' her. the prince brings the unconscious Snow white back home after disposing of his previous princess in a last hurrah, and vocally wishes that she would wake up at any cost. the witch grants this by taking the prince's ability to see and hear.
honestly, if the magic mirror brought the castle to ruination by covering it in thorns (Sleeping beauty) or turning the servants into household objects (Beauty & the Beast)- this story could have kept going. thinking on it... a lot of the classics have some shape/form of a witch.

• I pity the guard following his orders, he seems uncomfortable following the prince.
  • I wonder why snow white has a crown on her head, and aside from the dwarves from the first page- they don't show up. I know that this story is barely cohesive as it is, but the dwarves could have propped up a delusional girl to believe that she was fair royalty to marry her off for the wealth that the dwarves have.
  • Fun Fact about the red iron shoes, there's precedent of such a horrid crime in real life. granted it was an red hot iron mask but I don't think that bit was a nod to that. if I can recall, there's another folktale that is actually about dancing red shoes(?)

The last tale is ”The Little Red Shoes” 👠. It made the wearer dance to death, the Prince was not letting Cinderella off in the end. That witch was something else, very interesting tie ins between all of those fairy tales. Extremely well done. This book reminds me of the Voynich Hotel, another very weird manga about 3 witches and a human that comes to live with them. Like this it takes on a different meaning once you get through the entire experience. Really fun find.

Double-page supporter
I like the concept of this series, but it fall to the common pitfall with these type of stories when it reach chapter 20ish. But at least even if a chapter not scary or a head scratcher, the chapter its either funny or have an interesting concept. My brain come up with a lot of different manga plot from this series alone than most series.

Users who are viewing this thread