One Day Outing Foreman - Vol. 11 Ch. 82 - Sugar-Off

Dex-chan lover
pg.18 where Miyamoto Dam gets torn down isn't the first time this has happened. If you've watched the Tonegawa anime, this page is a callback to the time Foreman converts Miyamoto. You can see the repair struts in this chapter from the dam splitting down the middle of his face, this time the whole thing falls off

e6NeUV8.jpeg

Yakiniku in this chapter: japanese bbq is influenced by Korean immigrants back in the 1920's. In my opinion, one thing Koreans are especially proud of is the fact that they make use of hot and cold foods to full effect. In pg.19 Miyamoto orders "Naengmyeon". I really like it when they add kimchi as a side.

1.jpg

If there's one thing I can agree with Foreman about, it's the idea that people who announce that they're going to try their best or work hard are probably not going to follow through with it. 'Ganbatte' is one phrase I hear which is overused to the point where it's satirical to me. There's another one everyone in my Japanese class was obsessed about, the four character idiom "一所懸命" which means to put your all into something. I don't know, not many people in my graduating class actually use their Japanese majors or even work on their JP skills nowadays. Now that I think about it, most of them were there to have fun and meet girls...

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Damn, Miyamoto just like me fr ( ._.) I fell off the no-carb diet  hard, eating two kilos of marmalade and half a liter of buckwheat honey, skipping the sugar high and going right into sugar bad trip :D

Ootsuki you sly bastard, spitting nothing but facts yet crushing weak of mind with them.

Interesting point about the whole "doing your best" thingy. Very few people can actually keep up with it and it's only because they're interested in something genuinely in the first place

Dex-chan lover
Damn, Miyamoto just like me fr ( ._.) I fell off the no-carb diet  hard, eating two kilos of marmalade and half a liter of buckwheat honey, skipping the sugar high and going right into sugar bad trip :D

Ootsuki you sly bastard, spitting nothing but facts yet crushing weak of mind with them.

Interesting point about the whole "doing your best" thingy. Very few people can actually keep up with it and it's only because they're interested in something genuinely in the first place
I haven't been to the doctors in years and I'm afraid of going now because he'll tell me I got the beetus. It's all the carbs and white grains in the asian diet.

Keto in reality is pretty hardcore for diets, it's no wonder Miyamoto fell off. That said, gimme a bowl of naengmyun.
I'm looking to do the Mediterranean diet myself. Oops, I'm not supposed to announce it :aquadrink:

Last edited:

Fri

Supporter
I haven't been to the doctors in years and I'm afraid of going now because he'll tell me I got the beetus. It's all the carbs and white grains in the asian diet.

I'm looking to do the Mediterranean diet myself. Oops, I'm not supposed to announce it :aquadrink:
Genuinely, probably you should. Pre-diabetes is a condition that's very easily controllable with just a single tablet of medication once a day that basically increase your insulin sensitivity and prevent it from progressing to full blown diabetes. And it's a generic medication that if you live in a sane country, you'd get for free or really cheap (I don't know how much metformin cost in US, sadly).

Dex-chan lover
Genuinely, probably you should. Pre-diabetes is a condition that's very easily controllable with just a single tablet of medication once a day that basically increase your insulin sensitivity and prevent it from progressing to full blown diabetes. And it's a generic medication that if you live in a sane country, you'd get for free or really cheap (I don't know how much metformin cost in US, sadly).
I'll look into it. $7 government subsidised (y)

Accidentally double posted. how do you even delete post here.
sorry your shame will stay forever

Dex-chan lover
huh I actually would have guessed you were a native speaker of some sort, I was surprised when you mentioned Japanese class.

I am also a chronic diet fail-er. It is what it is. For me, the best part of attempted diets is when I finally give in to my (at that point extremely substantial) cravings. It makes the whole thing - suffering through it for a while, not actually losing weight - worth it, when you eat the food you've been dreaming of.

Dex-chan lover
huh I actually would have guessed you were a native speaker of some sort, I was surprised when you mentioned Japanese class.

I am also a chronic diet fail-er. It is what it is. For me, the best part of attempted diets is when I finally give in to my (at that point extremely substantial) cravings. It makes the whole thing - suffering through it for a while, not actually losing weight - worth it, when you eat the food you've been dreaming of.
< never been to japan 😜

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Is sugar-off what they call the keto diet in Japan, or is that something the author came up with for this chapter?
Finishing off with naengmyeon is a real keto killer LOL not just the noodles but all the sugar most restaurants put into the broth... Oof!

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Is sugar-off what they call the keto diet in Japan, or is that something the author came up with for this chapter?
Finishing off with naengmyeon is a real keto killer LOL not just the noodles but all the sugar most restaurants put into the broth... Oof!
I think it's just carbs in general. They are very carb-heavy when you think about all the breads, the rice and noodles they eat, and then they'll bread their meats to fry it and etc.

Users who are viewing this thread