One Day Outing Foreman - Vol. 15 Ch. 116 - Game Immersion

Dex-chan lover
Huh, you guys were right and I was wrong. This was a bretty gud chapter

Rh2NJaY.png

I may have translated pg.15 wrongly. They say a 神引き or divine pull is coming but I don't know how the draw system in STS works. Is he unpacking a booster pack where a guaranteed rare is included in it, or is the next draw from the deck a guaranteed rare?

I may have translated pg.15 wrongly. They say a 神引き or divine pull is coming but I don't know how the draw system in STS works. Is he unpacking a booster pack where a guaranteed rare is included in it, or is the next draw from the deck a guaranteed rare?
I haven't seen the raws, but what's happening is that they're banking on drawing a powerful rare card that turn (there's three rarities, common, uncommon, rare), saying stuff like "We'll draw that rare card! I guarantee it!" as copium. Next panel we see that they don't draw it and double checking the deck that the rare card is actually still in it.

Dex-chan lover
I haven't seen the raws, but what's happening is that they're banking on drawing a powerful rare card that turn (there's three rarities, common, uncommon, rare), saying stuff like "We'll draw that rare card! I guarantee it!" as copium. Next panel we see that they don't draw it and double checking the deck that the rare card is actually still in it.
nice, this works out (y)

Dex-chan lover
Yessss thank you for translating STS, appreciate your hard work especially since you didn't want to.
It could been interesting if Ootsuki ever added a gacha element to his chinchiro games, just to be even more of a scumbag. He'd be swimming in perica.
ehh it wasn't so bad, i should've just done it without saying anything
or skipped it without saying anything ;)

Dex-chan lover
I feel called out on pg 14...

Huh, you guys were right and I was wrong. This was a bretty gud chapter

Rh2NJaY.png

Basically you have a deck of cards, each card represents an ability, lets say stab (common), guard (common), bash (uncommon), and super stab (rare)

At the start of combat, your deck is shuffled, and you draw some cards which you will use to attack, each turn you will discard your hand and draw again from your deck

Unless you do some deck manipulation with special items (or by thinning your deck by selling or deleting cards at special nodes), or the card says that it starts in your hand, each time you draw cards to fill your hand they will do so randomly

So whether you manage to end with a regular common stab in hand, or with a rare super stab, it all depends of the luck of your draw each turn

Running a very small deck usually sounds like a good idea, because it means that you will guarantee always getting the cards you want each turn, however some opponents can fill your deck with trash cards, known as curses, small decks are really vulnerable to this kind of opponents because you can end with a deck made mostly of bad cards, drawing entire turns of nothing but curse cards

On the other hand big decks can put you at risk of not being able to draw critical rare cards when you need em, and end up entire turns with a hand full of common under-powered cards

I would really say that it is all about balance, but it is more about finding a good combo strategy and abusing it, that way one good turn could set you up for an entire battle, even if you later on get nothing but mid or even bad hands

Dex-chan lover
Appreciate both you actually translatin it for us and the authors going ham on ad chapters writing them into the lore quite well~

Haven't heard of this game before, might pitch it to my buddy though - it seems right up his alley

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation~ I linked it to my Spire-playing friends too :)

I'm always surprised that these ad chapters often lean in to some negative aspects of the subject too. Well, here, the "negative" aspect is that it's way too addictive, which is true. It's devilishly balanced that every run that fails makes you think either "well, I got unlucky, next time will go better" or "ah, I really made a mistake doing x instead of y, next time I won't make that mistake." The ascension system, where you unlock slightly harder difficulties progressively, makes you feel like the win is always right around the corner (even when right around the corner is 5 hours from now).

And then whenever you win a run, you feel like you really figured something out, and then the next run is sure to go GREAT so better keep playing!! There's no escape...

Also, I think it's funny that they switched the theming from climbing up the spire to crawling down into the lowest floor of the dungeon, just to make it a bit more ironic with Ootsuki's situation lol.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
Was not expecting slay the spire and roguelikes to be the focus of a chapter.

Hoping for a Metroidvania chapter and one where Otsuki spends his outing watching Vinesauce.

Users who are viewing this thread