One Day Outing Foreman - Vol. 17 Ch. 131 - Closed Door

You should keep a small toolbox under your sink/vanity for times like these. Most door handles can be disassembled from one side where you take off the handle and then push/wedge it out the other side. Worst case scenario you can break the door knob and kick your way out.
Or you can consider a toilet phone. Phones will allow you to call emergency services without a simcard.

I relate a lot to these Kimura chapters. Like Foreman, I also don't plan on getting married so from my point-of-view, when men are alone, they're really alone. I think about what would happen if I get sick enough where I can't get out of bed or if I break a leg or something and can't do stuff easily.

Dex-chan lover
You should keep a small toolbox under your sink/vanity for times like these. Most door handles can be disassembled from one side where you take off the handle and then push/wedge it out the other side. Worst case scenario you can break the door knob and kick your way out.
Or you can consider a toilet phone. Phones will allow you to call emergency services without a simcard.

I relate a lot to these Kimura chapters. Like Foreman, I also don't plan on getting married so from my point-of-view, when men are alone, they're really alone. I think about what would happen if I get sick enough where I can't get out of bed or if I break a leg or something and can't do stuff easily.
But would taking down the door knob and handle have helped him in that situation? What about the door's hinges? With the package blocking the way would the door open wide enough to get to them? After all the problem here is not that the door was locked but that it was blocked

I think toilet phone is a more functional tool for these cases

I think about that too you know, my dad has found himself in similar situations, but he has always have what we used to call game and now goes by the name of rizz

So even when he is living by himself in those periods when he is single, or is traveling, he somehow manages to build good relationships with people really quickly, it is a skill I didn't got, and something that has saved him plenty of times when he ends in traffic accidents or recovering from surgery or illness, so he gets people to give him a hand with things

But for us regular chumps, I guess it is just GG if that happens, gotta get some good employee benefits and separate some emergency funds in case we need to hire a caretaker, most health insurance and healthcare plans don't cover home nurses, so even if your job has your back while you're down that's still a expense that will come and hit you hard in the wallet, probably resulting in having to take a loan or 2

So that's pretty much it really, our options are to be a playa, have an emergency cushion, or roll a nat 1 and die

Last edited:
Wow, I've literally never thought about this happening. This is a good PSA for people like me. Also Kimura doesn't need a wife, he clearly needs Ootsuki :)
Don't we all :cry:

But would taking down the door knob and handle have helped him in that situation? What about the donor's hinges? With the package blocking the way would the door open wide enough to get to them? After all the problem here is not that the door was locked but that it was blocked

I think toilet phone is a more functional tool for these cases

I think about that too you know, my dad has found himself in similar situations, but he has always have what we used to call game and now goes by the name of rizz

So even when he is living by himself in those periods when he is single, or is traveling, he somehow manages to build good relationships with people really quickly, it is a skill I didn't got, and something that has saved him plenty of times when he ends in traffic accidents or recovering from surgery or illness, so he gets people to give him a hand with things

But for us regular chumps, I guess it is just GG if that happens, gotta get some good employee benefits and separate some emergency funds in case we need to hire a caretaker, most health insurance and healthcare plans don't cover home nurses, so even if your job has your back while you're down that's still a expense that will come and hit you hard in the wallet, probably resulting in having to take a loan or 2

So that's pretty much it really, our options are to be a playa, have an emergency cushion, or roll a nat 1 and die
The best thing we can do is not get sick. I know what you're thinking, "haha just don't get sick, don't break your leg or have a piano fall on you". Very few alternatives though.

You could live in a share house. Room with friends...but still, nothing beats living alone.

3 days no Foreman do a wellness check on me 🙏

Dex-chan lover
Don't we all :cry:

The best thing we can do is not get sick. I know what you're thinking, "haha just don't get sick, don't break your leg or have a piano fall on you". Very few alternatives though.

You could live in a share house. Room with friends...but still, nothing beats living alone.

3 days no Foreman do a wellness check on me 🙏
Damn man you just read my mind!

But you underestimated how much of a contrarian I am, I was actually thinking "well if shit really gets that bad, and the option exist, you have to book a flight and go back to live with mom"

Dex-chan lover
Always have a plan B, boys... You might have friends, partners, roommates, whoever - but everyone has a time when they're alone when their preparation is tested ( ._.) Kimura is damn lucky, this is the second time these dorks save his life.

I was stuck outside my parents' apartment once, being late to the night shift (remote) and 2 hours away from curfew when the key broke inside the lock, jamming the lock itself in process - no chance of getting any assistance from parents who were both living at their job at the time (>10 km away), all my friends and young neighbors being overseas (wrote to apt block viber chat and the old ones got to read the messages only hours later), no tools on hand, no emergency services available. Ended up busting the door down with my shoulder because I was pissed off about running late and my ice cream thawing :D
What if I didn't go to the gym and couldn't do it - would I have to go beg to be allowed to sleep in the subway? I got myself a cheap set of screwdrivers to carry around since then - if I don't have it on me I always have a Swiss army knife.

Make sure your phone is always charged (better if you have 2 SIM cards in it too in case service dies for one provider), teach yourself first aid (medkit is a plus) and always have something on you. You just never know when the most mundane thing will happen - and more likely than not, in that very moment you'll be all alone.

Dex-chan lover
Kimura... never give up... same with the mangaka, maybe, and same with all y'all... It may not be a traditional relationship established through typical means, but I really believe there's something out there for each and every person that can bring them the feelings of closeness and comfort (and all the practical benefits, like saving you from being trapped in the bathroom) that everyone deserves. You're all such good folks, I hope you can remain optimistic for the future...

Putting all that sappiness aside, I also have a similar story D:

I had booked an Airbnb in Montreal where the apartment was at the top of some stairs that lead directly into a door at the bottom that opened inwards. While I was leaving to catch my train back to Toronto, I was pulling my big suitcase down the stairs behind me and it somehow fell over, pushed me out, and shut the door behind me. So now I was outside the apartment, but I couldn't open the door more than like an inch, and my luggage was stuck inside.

I spent like 30 min in misery trying every way I could think of to somehow prop up my suitcase just using the one inch gap while trying to get a hold of the contact person for the Airbnb. Eventually she showed up and broke a window to unlock another door lol. I ubered to the train station and caught my train by like 10 seconds. One of the most stressful and stupid moments of my life...

Dex-chan lover
Kimura... never give up... same with the mangaka, maybe, and same with all y'all... It may not be a traditional relationship established through typical means, but I really believe there's something out there for each and every person that can bring them the feelings of closeness and comfort (and all the practical benefits, like saving you from being trapped in the bathroom) that everyone deserves. You're all such good folks, I hope you can remain optimistic for the future...

I had booked an Airbnb in Montreal where the apartment was at the top of some stairs that lead directly into a door at the bottom that opened inwards. While I was leaving to catch my train back to Toronto, I was pulling my big suitcase down the stairs behind me and it somehow fell over, pushed me out, and shut the door behind me. So now I was outside the apartment, but I couldn't open the door more than like an inch, and my luggage was stuck inside.

I spent like 30 min in misery trying every way I could think of to somehow prop up my suitcase just using the one inch gap while trying to get a hold of the contact person for the Airbnb. Eventually she showed up and broke a window to unlock another door lol. I ubered to the train station and caught my train by like 10 seconds. One of the most stressful and stupid moments of my life...
That moment when god and devil are playing uno betting whether you'll make it to the airport ._____. So happy to hear it has a good ending

Always have a plan B, boys... You might have friends, partners, roommates, whoever - but everyone has a time when they're alone when their preparation is tested ( ._.) Kimura is damn lucky, this is the second time these dorks save his life.

I was stuck outside my parents' apartment once, being late to the night shift (remote) and 2 hours away from curfew when the key broke inside the lock, jamming the lock itself in process - no chance of getting any assistance from parents who were both living at their job at the time (>10 km away), all my friends and young neighbors being overseas (wrote to apt block viber chat and the old ones got to read the messages only hours later), no tools on hand, no emergency services available. Ended up busting the door down with my shoulder because I was pissed off about running late and my ice cream thawing
What if I didn't go to the gym and couldn't do it - would I have to go beg to be allowed to sleep in the subway? I got myself a cheap set of screwdrivers to carry around since then - if I don't have it on me I always have a Swiss army knife.

Make sure your phone is always charged (better if you have 2 SIM cards in it too in case service dies for one provider), teach yourself first aid (medkit is a plus) and always have something on you. You just never know when the most mundane thing will happen - and more likely than not, in that very moment you'll be all alone.
Well I enjoyed your stories. Glad you guys can look back on it now even if you were panicking in the moment

Dex-chan lover
Sliding door crew
My homie has one but the rail is inside the wall. Something broke with it and now man is just fucked and has to deal with that obnoxiousness of liftmoving it unless he wants to tear the wall open. I'll stick with door.

HCO

Dex-chan lover
My homie has one but the rail is inside the wall. Something broke with it and now man is just fucked and has to deal with that obnoxiousness of liftmoving it unless he wants to tear the wall open. I'll stick with door.
Something similar happened at my grandma's place and it locked the fucking dog inside the bathroom, lol. I had to wrestle with the door to get her out.

Aggregator gang
I had a similar thing happen, I was home alone and went into the bathroom for brushing my teeth but the door's handle came off when I attempted to exit, I tried to reattach it, or to force the door open in many ways but nothing worked, I was stuck for like 6 hours, but I didn't live alone back then so eventually my family freed me lol.

The absolute horror of falling asleep and losing track of time like that, wow, was not expecting the Otsuki manga to bring out the classic Fukumoto doom and despair like this.

Users who are viewing this thread