One Day Outing Foreman - Vol. 3 Ch. 18 - Autumn Fish

Dex-chan lover
A special thank you to my predecessors; Endless Moment and Dreamy_Reality. A lot of style and tonal choices as well as the characters' individual idiosyncrasies were influenced by their previous work. And also the boys at /a/'s scanlation thread who helped me hammer down the formatting standards at the start.

As of now there are 131 total chapters released, and I hope to be able scanlate as much as possible (time permitting) over the next few years. Impact will not be used ever again for the narration. This was a huge mistake on my part and it will not happen again.

~~~~~
Burdock Roots (きんぴらごぼう):
kinpira-gobothumbnail.jpg

An appetiser to get your hunger moving. Asian dishes usually use salty or crunchy vegetables for this, or maybe even bitter soups. In the manga, the restaurant uses shrimp while cutting the burdock to extremely fine strips so the taste remains but the texture does not.

Pacific Saury (サンマ):

recipe-sanma-kabayaki-japanese-style-grilled-saury-fish-soy-sauce.jpg

Karaage Chicken, Yuu-Rin-Chi Style (唐揚げ、油淋鶏風):
new_xl_1567475862_6474.jpg

Fried chicken cooked with soy sauce, shallots/scallions, sugar, garlic, etc.
Greasy but hearty. Origins unknown but probably inspired by Sichuan or Cantonese cooking.
In the chapter, crushed peanuts are battered on the skin for texture and flavor.

Ice-cream w/brown sugar:
bourbon-brown-sugar-ice-cream-1.jpg

Double-page supporter
Oh man, thank you so much for picking this back up, and thank you doubly for the photo-counterparts! Those look super delicious, urgh

I hate that the first 9 chapters are untranslated, this makes it unreadable.
Even if they are adapted by the tonegawa anime, it shouldn't be like this, windii did this to both this and tonegawa.

Dex-chan lover
I hate that the first 9 chapters are untranslated, this makes it unreadable.
Even if they are adapted by the tonegawa anime, it shouldn't be like this, windii did this to both this and tonegawa.
yes, i can see your frustrations with the skipped chapters, but at the same time duplicated effort feels really bad for scanlators.
personally speaking, there's a lot of content in the gap and beyond which i'd like to get done above all else so the 1-9 chapters fall very low on the priority totem pole

who knows, maybe it'll finally get done when the rest of the 17+ volumes get covered, haha ^^

yes, i can see your frustrations with the skipped chapters, but at the same time duplicated effort feels really bad for scanlators.
personally speaking, there's a lot of content in the gap and beyond which i'd like to get done above all else so the 1-9 chapters fall very low on the priority totem pole

who knows, maybe it'll finally get done when the rest of the 17+ volumes get covered, haha ^^

For me it's like cutting yourself off from the potential readers, sbd is gonna come here from reading the kaiji manga, or just for the food content, not even knowing kaiji, and be totally disappointed since they can't even properly start it.

Do what you want ofc tho, ty for translation nonetheless. I'll pick it up eventually when it gets those chapters translated

Dex-chan lover
For me it's like cutting yourself off from the potential readers, sbd is gonna come here from reading the kaiji manga, or just for the food content, not even knowing kaiji, and be totally disappointed since they can't even properly start it.

Do what you want ofc tho, ty for translation nonetheless. I'll pick it up eventually when it gets those chapters translated
mmm yes, i've already come to terms that this manga is going to be very niche and only read by the FKMT hardcores ;_;
you're going to love the newer chapters i promise <3

Users who are viewing this thread