One Day Outing Foreman - Vol. 6 Ch. 40 - A Song of Celebration

Dex-chan lover
Tetsuya and Akio Chiba: brothers who grew up in Manchuria China who eventually became mangakas. Testuya is known for "Ashita No Joe", and Akio (died 1984) was known for sports manga like "Captain" and "Play Ball".
Tsuge Yoshiharu: mangaka and essayist known for incorporating surrealism in his works

Ore wa Teppei (1973-1980): Kid grows up in the forest with his father, acclimates to society
Notari Matsutarō (1973-1998): sports manga about a sumo wrestler balancing sports and life
Captain (1972-1979): covers the story of 4 high school baseball captains
Major (1994-2010): chronicles a child's baseball journey to the MLB
Ganbare Genki (1976-1981): a boy raised by a single father boxer, wants to become just like his dad one day
Ōoku: The Inner Chambers (2004-2020): based in Edo Period Japan, manga with romance and historical intrigue
Higanjima (2002-): a kid's older brother is trapped on an island inhabited by vampires. He goes to rescue him.
Planet of Cotton Country (1978–1987): a cat falls in love with her owner and becomes a girl in her mind
Shoot! (1990-2003): school soccer love-triangle manga

Avdol/JoJo reference: In Stardust Crusaders, Avdol gets shot in the head by Hol Horse and the gang ends up on an island to fight a stand user. Avdol is also there but pretends to be his dad in order to trick him and Polnareff.

Manga re-enactment scenes:
254588_10150208146563295_2447663_n.jpg
pillar-men-1109-x-721-wallpaper-cqudf3cou0x4phb2.webp

picture_pc_e14b8dc83d0bd09da11f75dab4bf4763.png

Shigurui, "無明逆流れ"

Avan Strash: Special technique from Dragon Quest Dai, the MC uses an underhand grip so it's more powerful or whatever

Dex-chan lover
This chapter was probably my favorite so far. There's just something magical when you meet a person who's into the same kind of stuff you are. That's how lasting relationships are formed.
I met my best friends through the university anime club many moons ago. I also got into in the first place Japanese from all the anime I watched when I was growing up. It has taken over my life :')

Dex-chan lover
We did it boyos, it took 6 volumes but we've had a Jojo reference! I'm gonna show them posing to my friends and tell them this is from Jojo part 9

Also this reminds me of Tonegawa spinoff chapter about his own book, but whereas there it's from a perspective of complaining about your publisher - here it's a cry for help for the industry as a whole. My sides went into orbit when spinoffs were brought up, I wonder if it's a friendly jab at Fukumoto himself?

Dex-chan lover
We did it boyos, it took 6 volumes but we've had a Jojo reference! I'm gonna show them posing to my friends and tell them this is from Jojo part 9

Also this reminds me of Tonegawa spinoff chapter about his own book, but whereas there it's from a perspective of complaining about your publisher - here it's a cry for help for the industry as a whole. My sides went into orbit when spinoffs were brought up, I wonder if it's a friendly jab at Fukumoto himself?
Oh absolutely. A lot of the subject matter in the manga is what he thinks IRL

Users who are viewing this thread