One Day Outing Foreman - Vol. 7 Ch. 54 - Gentleman

Dex-chan lover
On page 8, the scene in his mind looks like this.
~~きた or キターーーー!! is slang for something that's been long-awaited which has arrived. It also means "Yess!!!", like, YASSS!! in recent years
The next scene on the left, he does a traditional folk dance with the "aso-re". I find that it helps to look closely at the text, the context and the overall intent of the scene to figure out what's going on. I would say that something like this would throw some beginners off if they misread it as "a, sore" as in "oh, it's that" if they don't notice the tiny っ
I localized it a bit with the "ole" soccer chant. I'm not sure if the folk dance gets picked up immediately by you guys otherwise.

IqDNvFl.png

Then he starts waltzing with his appetite. The register changes...he uses a fancy kanji for egg, he ups the politeness of his speech with -masu form and お in front of stuff. He's gradually getting more and more classy and verbose.
lN1wuzf.png

and finally, the font and style in the text box changes to a fancy font, and the "..." we always see at the end of the text becomes a dash. He's glittering and we see the glass panels glow-up the surrounding background.

cKPGKXB.jpeg

So all in all, a very fun chapter with stylistic choices.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Thanks for explaining the stylistic choices! I think you captured them very well.

Ootsuki did a good job pretending to be a gentleman, but I think in these rare opportunities you have to let your innermost desires shine!! Gluttonously gorge on all your favorites!!

Dex-chan lover
I was so looking forward to TL notes after I saw him switching into what's called "curly speech" in my country - and then he double-crossed a foreigner fledgling

Never change, Ootsuki
yeah, we call it cursive writing and depending on your school you learn it for a few months when you're 10, and then never use it ever again in your life

Thanks for explaining the stylistic choices! I think you captured them very well.

Ootsuki did a good job pretending to be a gentleman, but I think in these rare opportunities you have to let your innermost desires shine!! Gluttonously gorge on all your favorites!!
did you save enough room for a mint monsieur?

c85b8f35bdf478ef5edbaf63acc093ee-1200x720.png

Dex-chan lover
I have always wondered how trendy women on their 30s finance their trendy lifestyle while being so young, they all can't be heiresses and influencers, so how are they spending that much? On my 30s I am still dealing with a bunch of boring shit like taxes and investing into pension funds (because I am lucky to no longer have student debt)

Are they faking it and living it up on loans? But that feels like a trap you fall into your early 20s tho...

Dex-chan lover
I have always wondered how trendy women on their 30s finance their trendy lifestyle while being so young, they all can't be heiresses and influencers, so how are they spending that much? On my 30s I am still dealing with a bunch of boring shit like taxes and investing into pension funds (because I am lucky to no longer have student debt)

Are they faking it and living it up on loans? But that feels like a trap you fall into your early 20s tho...
Married rich probably. The first and only time I had lunch at a fancy hotel was when I visited my aunt whose husband (my uncle) ran his family business. Cupcakes on multi-level trays and teacups, man. I even lifted my pinky.

Users who are viewing this thread