One page manga budler

Dex-chan lover
Recently there are more and more mangas translated from stuffs like twitter/pixov etc. Many of them consist of daily 1 or 2 page uploads. Reading them is a super pain in the ass, as it takes more time to load next chapter then it takes to read it.

Could you add auto detection for this type of manga and auto liad them in like 20 page chunks or something?

This is mire complicated/unpopular but if we could bunch credits for them in these chunks it would also be great

Examples
https://mangadex.org/title/8c3ec304...uthor-classmate-discovering-my-yuri-obsession

https://mangadex.org/title/bb50d5ea-5eb2-4f28-95d3-07df5f1933b1/kusanagi-sensei-is-being-tested

Upvote 3
Contributor
Probably will not happen as that is not how they tend to be released.
Also see rule section 3.2 specifically 3.2.1

Do not arbitrarily combine several chapters into a single release.

That said if said series gets a proper serialized release and chapters are combined in that release then its fine if they are combined assuming the translating group was using that as their raw source and not the twitcomic (of course those chapters would also go under a new title entry as well)

Contributor
Probably will not happen as that is not how they tend to be released.
Also see rule section 3.2 specifically 3.2.1

That said if said series gets a proper serialized release and chapters are combined in that release then its fine if they are combined assuming the translating group was using that as their raw source and not the twitcomic (of course those chapters would also go under a new title entry as well)
I think he just wants the API to pre-load the next "chapter" if it's very short - which is a good idea.

Contributor
I think he just wants the API to pre-load the next "chapter" if it's very short - which is a good idea.
Yes, exactly. I have wanted this for a bit too. From what I remember, Old MangaDex wasn't as slow loading these 1-page chapters, but I could be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread