One Piece - Ch. 1114 - The Wings of Icarus

Dex-chan lover
Tbf, it was Joyboy, not Nika, who Vegapunk called the first pirate. And for the most part, while he's considered a legendary figure, Joyboy doesn't seem to be exactly considered a god like Nika is; not to mention it seems that Nika predates Joyboy.

Dex-chan lover
I don’t think the first nika was ACTUALLY a god y’all. He just looked like a god to the people because of his powers

Dex-chan lover
Thank god I can read the German version on MangaPlus. The image quality of the English version is an absolute catastrophe. Seriously, try it yourself, change the language to German or Spanish, the scans are far higher quality.
I do not know why MangaPlus does that. Clearly they have access to the high quality version.

The fan scanlation by TCB is also ass. I pity you english-only speaker.
….then again, maybe there is a website/app that combines the english translation with the higher image quality of the other languages? Should be easy to do (a least for the speech bubbles).

Thank god I can read the German version on MangaPlus. The image quality of the English version is an absolute catastrophe. Seriously, try it yourself, change the language to German or Spanish, the scans are far higher quality.
I do not know why MangaPlus does that. Clearly they have access to the high quality version.

The fan scanlation by TCB is also ass. I pity you english-only speaker.
….then again, maybe there is a website/app that combines the english translation with the higher image quality of the other languages? Should be easy to do (a least for the speech bubbles).
Image quality might be better, aber dafür ist die deutsche Übersetzung halt ass.

Dex-chan lover
If there was an advance civilization at that time, then are we going to have a retelling of tower of babel as well?

Tbf, it was Joyboy, not Nika, who Vegapunk called the first pirate. And for the most part, while he's considered a legendary figure, Joyboy doesn't seem to be exactly considered a god like Nika is; not to mention it seems that Nika predates Joyboy.
With how Luffy took a long time before he was able to unlock his devil fruit's true potential, quite understandable that it will take some time for Joyboy to become Nika.

Double-page supporter
What has One Piece even become at this point-
I lost interest after they revealed Luffy actually ate the Chosen Chosen Fruit
But I've forced myself to keep reading out of obligation for how long the series has been in my life.

In all seriousness, can y'all explain what keeps you interested in this story?

Dex-chan lover
But I've forced myself to keep reading out of obligation for how long the series has been in my life.

I started for the kooky fun attitude and good story (even if that bit was butchered by 4kids dubbing at times), but I like Luffy's growth into a hero. One of my favorite book series is the Dresden Files where, similar to the Nika fruit, three ordinary men and women can continually take up the Swords of the Cross, Swords which have in their hilts a Nail from the Crucifixion of Jesus Christ and become powerful holy weapons. Each Sword represents Faith, Hope, and Love. I like the idea of Nika being a similar beacon of Hope against the tyranny of the world.

Dex-chan lover

It‘s not the masterpiece from before the time skip anymore, but it is still among the top manga.
Also, the overall story still delivers, it‘s the storytelling that has fallen so far since Marineford. The Wano ending especially showed just how little Oda seems to care anymore for a well-told story line from start to finish.
Couldn‘t even bother to give Carrot a goodbye scene with the straw hats. Compare that to Vivi at the end of Alabaster. Night and day. Like written by two different authors.

And, of course, nostalgia. I will never drop the manga that‘s in my life since I was in elementary school in the late 90s. No matter how the story develops.

Dex-chan lover

Man, I'm still here so I can see Strawhat crew fulfill each of their dreams.

Users who are viewing this thread