One Piece - Ch. 1115 - Pieces of a Continent

Dex-chan lover
I hope the next time Imu uses that WMD, it is as stable as an Acme product used by Wile E Coyote.

And in hindsight, that is an apt description of the Elders and Imu. They can never capture Luffy's devil fruit no matter how many times they try.

Dex-chan lover
Sooooo, with all these cameos: when will we see Gin (& Don Krieg)?
At this point Oda either completely forgot about him or he will have the most badass and legendary comeback of the manga.

Also, not sure how I feel about the 200m flood and apparently no one knowing about entire ass continents lying that close under the water surface. Even with the government trying to silence researchers, treasure hunters, fishmen, etc it still seems to be a massive plot hole. Maybe Oda explains that soon.

And please can we get the speech without showing the Strawhats running around? No one cares, it’s useless filler.

Dex-chan lover
WG actually played their cards well. Discrimination against Fishmen so no one believes them if they were to discover the sunken citys or they wouldn't want to tell the humans in the first place.
Then we have the devil fruits who makes swimming impossible which prevents the strongest guys traveling the world to ever discover this.

Dex-chan lover
It's awesome to have these cameos from past locations and characters. Really highlighting the long history of this story.

Dex-chan lover
At this point Oda either completely forgot about him or he will have the most badass and legendary comeback of the manga.

Also, not sure how I feel about the 200m flood and apparently no one knowing about entire ass continents lying that close under the water surface. Even with the government trying to silence researchers, treasure hunters, fishmen, etc it still seems to be a massive plot hole. Maybe Oda explains that soon.

And please can we get the speech without showing the Strawhats running around? No one cares, it’s useless filler.
I'm a bit confused by this too and I hope it gets addressed somehow. 200 meters really isn't that deep and we've seen or heard of several people with submarines. The only thing I can think of is that none of the ruins of the old world are located near populated islands.

Dex-chan lover
I'm a bit confused by this too and I hope it gets addressed somehow. 200 meters really isn't that deep and we've seen or heard of several people with submarines. The only thing I can think of is that none of the ruins of the old world are located near populated islands.
I actually remembered that Oda said he wanted to finish One Piece in 5 years (~250 chapters) initially. And we know that he had planned the overall story from the very beginning.
So, it‘s possible the whole flood thing wouldn‘t have been such a plot hole, had the story ended after 250 chapters. But now, over 1000 chapters later, with so many characters, fishmen, submarines, researcher (who should be able to explore the oceans) introduced, it became a plot hole.
But Oda can‘t just change such a crucial story element at this point, so he went through with it anyway despite knowing himself that it‘s illogical for no one to have found the „old world“.

Which makes all those fanboy comments defending this plot hole that much more embarrassing lol

Double-page supporter
Hmm... perhaps some people did find those ruins, but never made the connection because they lacked Vegapunk's contextual knowledge? Or they just assumed those could be old fishmen cities? I'm assuming that Vegapunk is the first to [explain] the ruins rather than the one to [discover] them. But yeah, the explanation that this was thought up by Oda initially, but then had to drag it out for so long, makes sense. I guess this would have been more credible and shocking had we still thought the current technology (and power level) of OP's world were those at some point of pre-timeskip. Humans weren't that super human, no submarines (I think?), big fish were a threat, and no DF diving -> no one gets to reach the bottom.

Dex-chan lover

Yeah, like fishmen exist in this universe. Surely one of them could connect the dots

Dex-chan lover
200m??
is it deep or not? :questionblob:
200m is a little over 600ft. This would mean the equivalent of New York City, San Francisco, Miami, London, and Tokyo could find themselves wholly or mostly under water, at least the non-skyscrapers.

Users who are viewing this thread