One Piece - Ch. 1122 - Time is Right

Dex-chan lover
Interesting chapter. More mystery is added to Haki as to how it can cancel teleportation of the gorosei. Haki can counter gorosei power? Is Gorosei power magic?

Koby knows only Luffy has the chance to becomes pirate king so he focused on him alone.

Dex-chan lover
I think it would be more likely to encrypt the records so York cannot access them.
Then what's stopping her to decrypt it as well? Edison Atlas and even Vegapunk was able to do it on a rush so what's stopping York to decrypt it? I bet she'll get a lot of time on her hands trying to do it thou.

Dex-chan lover
Interesting chapter. More mystery is added to Haki as to how it can cancel teleportation of the gorosei. Haki can counter gorosei power? Is Gorosei power magic?

Koby knows only Luffy has the chance to becomes pirate king so he focused on him alone.
I took it more like as, the Haki was so strong, they were forced to retreat and therefore teleported back.

Dex-chan lover
I took it more like as, the Haki was so strong, they were forced to retreat and therefore teleported back.
But Saturn only went back to the lab, not the capital. And he was in the same place as the other three Elders when hit by the Haki.

Dex-chan lover
Am I the only one a little annoyed they constantly reveal that the one piece is real like come on this is like the 4th time someone said it

Dex-chan lover
Am I the only one a little annoyed they constantly reveal that the one piece is real like come on this is like the 4th time someone said it
The people of the world are the salt of the Sea, the common pebbles of the beaches.

E5O5XlYXoAInTh8

Dex-chan lover
I don't think are that much cowardly. Also even the Vice Admirals didn't get knocked out by it so while its strong its not the level where Gorosei would just run away from it. I think there's unknown relations between Haki and Gorosei power.

Dex-chan lover
I don't think are that much cowardly. Also even the Vice Admirals didn't get knocked out by it so while its strong its not the level where Gorosei would just run away from it. I think there's unknown relations between Haki and Gorosei power.
Maybe like rubber protecting Luffy from Enel's lightning, the Haki of a person with the power of Nika augmenting it strips the Elders of all their powers and benefits? It reminds me of the Swords of the Cross in the Dresden Files. Each one has a Nail from the Crucifixion of Christ in them. When the weilder faces a person possessed by a Fallen Angel, the Swords don't augment the user so much as they debuff the enemy and block the enhancements the Fallen bequeath to their host. Super hard skin and speed are nullified and leaves the fight mortal v mortal.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe like rubber protecting Luffy from Enel's lightning, the Haki of a person with the power of Nika augmenting it strips the Elders of all their powers and benefits? It reminds me of the Swords of the Cross in the Dresden Files. Each one has a Nail from the Crucifixion of Christ in them. When the weilder faces a person possessed by a Fallen Angel, the Swords don't augment the user so much as they debuff the enemy and block the enhancements the Fallen bequeath to their host. Super hard skin and speed are nullified and leaves the fight mortal v mortal.
Could be. We still don't know what the Gorosei are so its possible.

One theory I read is that haki can subdue the devil in devil fruit, and that's why we see Haki strong enough to negate DF power. Gorosei power could be DF based (maybe multiple DFs like Blackbeard?), or the teleportation is Imu DF power.

Dex-chan lover
But Saturn only went back to the lab, not the capital. And he was in the same place as the other three Elders when hit by the Haki.
That's because Saturn did not come there by teleport like the other three elders, he came by ship along with Kizaru.

The summoning is probably a Devil Fruit technique of some kind which is why haki can cancel it, as well as the Zoan transformations of the Gorosei.

---------

This is not the first time we've seen haki outright cancel a power as opposed to just allowing someone to hit a Logia.

Zoro was able to prevent Monet from even using her Snow fruit at all after 'shocking' her with a wave of haki without even hitting her with his sword back in Punk Hazard. Doflamingo's haki was so much stronger than Law's that he could prevent even the tiniest string from being split apart by the Opi Opi no Mi.

That means it works against Paramecia techniques as well. Paramecia is notoriously anti-physics, seeing how there's been fruits that can alter weight, create doors in anything that lead to anywhere and even fruits that can send people to the future.

And it wouldn't surprise me if that summoning power wasn't eaten by one of the Gorosei at all, but instead was an extracted devil fruit power. They've even put a Devil Fruit in the sword Spandam had, and that was probably more than a decade ago now. Originally I thought only Zoan fruits could be used that way, but there's definitely a precedent for Paramecia abilities belonging to an object if Vegapunk's science is involved.

Users who are viewing this thread