One Step Closer to the Demon King

Dex-chan lover
It's pretty entertaining. The MC is absurdly powerful but you rarely get to see it. When you do it's pretty great.

The characters are all great and the story is really cool, but my only qualms is how every character is playing 5D chess and I have no idea what is happening. Maybe not the story for my brain. It doesn't help that the expressions of most characters are pretty much just o_o in half their conversations

Which has a really good charm! But hard to get the vibe of

Double-page supporter
Slept on series. Amusing twist to the cliches it presents, and an actually fairly good comedy.

this manhwa is so good but the trans is so bad, make my brain bump out trying to understand what the f is the translator doing, so if you guys want to read this good, go to manhwatop or go to the official site Line Webtoon ( just 20 chapter now but update every week on friday)

Dex-chan lover
This is a seriously amazing manhwa and i like how there's a ton of hints to what will happen sprinkled around that will only make sense later, then bam all the pieces just fell into the right place.

Overall amazing manhwa, what a hidden gem. Story was creative and unpredictable. The setup is very good.

The world building was good. Loves how it doesn't forget to expand the world as the story progresses. Likes how it differ from common world building the story like this have.

The progression and pacing was great. Feels like there are something that is changed or acquired after each arc. The stakes also rising by following the progression of the story (e.g. we went from slow adventurer's life to serious to handling world threatening events).

The motivation was alright, it was explained very well that the reader could understand. Loves how the author uses secondary motivation to progress the story early, while the main motivation was elaborate further as the story progress. But, aside from the MC, some characters do lacks motivation and not as well explained.

The story might progress with many missing puzzle pieces. But in the end, the author stitch the missing pieces together, usually in an unexpected way.

Finally, it's crazy how the author recall many old stuffs from lots of chapters ago and elaborated it in more details, even though it was unnecessary.

In the recent chapters 167 (which feels like the climax of the story), the resolutions and conflict feels like a forced glue tape to finish the missing puzzle beforehand. Particularly, the main villain was uncharacterized and quite undeveloped. Which, destroy the build up we had so far. If nothing changes, I hope the story doesn't drag too long.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
This is probably one of the most well built manhwas I’ve ever read. Insane amounts of world building.

Users who are viewing this thread