Onee-chan wa Game o Suruto Hito ga Kawaru Onee-chan - Vol. 1 Ch. 13.5 - The Cannon-rushing Sister

Just a point of clarification: cannon rush generally refers to the strategy of getting the techs and civics necessary to build cannons long before any of your opponents. You basically abandon balanced technological and social development in favour of getting cannons as early as possible (ideally by around 650 AD), then using civics like slavery to rush as many cannons into deployment as you can. They absolutely chew through any pre-cavalry units. Picture a barely post-Roman infantry going up against 17th century weaponry and you can imagine the carnage. It's not about positioning, it's about getting cannons centuries before anyone else.

Group Leader
Just a point of clarification: cannon rush generally refers to the strategy of getting the techs and civics necessary to build cannons long before any of your opponents. You basically abandon balanced technological and social development in favour of getting cannons as early as possible (ideally by around 650 AD), then using civics like slavery to rush as many cannons into deployment as you can. They absolutely chew through any pre-cavalry units. Picture a barely post-Roman infantry going up against 17th century weaponry and you can imagine the carnage. It's not about positioning, it's about getting cannons centuries before anyone else.
Thank you for the explanation, I had no clue and just got it off of google lol

Dex-chan lover
whats up with the art in this chapter? its... not great

Group Leader
Some pages in this should have been joined together, but whatevs, nice bonus with a bit of a different art style! Lol

Damn, started with Civ 5 so while I understand what they're saying I never got to experience this exact meta first hand.

Dex-chan lover
I was stuck playing Civ 2 for an overly long time before trying 3 and 4 a bit (and the open-source Freeciv) and then jumping to 5, but this chapter had me thinking they're going to play StarCraft instead. Totally forgot cannon rush is a legitimate strat for Civ :pacman:

Also TIL there's a new OpenCiv project as well, though it's nowhere near Freeciv levels of maturity and contributors. Always nice to see open-source interest in old school stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread