Onegai, Nugashite. - Vol. 5 Ch. 48 - I'll Be Waiting for You

Dex-chan lover
:meguuusad: they will never talk to each other again. Flag set for both couples

Dex-chan lover
Bet senpai is breaking up with her, kamite will comfort her and tsubasa will see them and get the wrong idea.

Dex-chan lover
I gotta question: why is it tagged as harem when it's not concluded as a harem? It's always been bugging me with these "harem" -type series when there is no definitive harem ending. It's just romance.
Because you are confusing, harem meaning multiple people going after a single mate, and the Muslim definition of harem, which is a man in a polygamist relationship with multiple wives.

It just means multiple people going after a single person. Multiple love interests. Google it if you don’t believe me.

Dex-chan lover
Because you are confusing, harem meaning multiple people going after a single mate, and the Muslim definition of harem, which is a man in a polygamist relationship with multiple wives.

It just means multiple people going after a single person. Multiple love interests. Google it if you don’t believe me.
Except only one girl as even admitted to herself that she likes him.

Look at Rent a Girlfriend, tagged as harem. 297 chapters and only one girl is really chasing Kazuya. Also the male lead is only interested in one girl.

Harem has been added to so many different manga that it has pretty much become meaningless.

Look at Mysterious research club. Tagged harem and romance. 300+ chapters and none of the girls is actively chasing Daisuke, just a bunch of lucky pervert moments.

Dex-chan lover

Look at Rent a Girlfriend, tagged as harem. 297 chapters and only one girl is really chasing Kazuya. Also the male lead is only interested in one girl.

Harem has been added to so many different manga that it has pretty much become meaningless.

Look at Mysterious research club. Tagged harem and romance. 300+ chapters and none of the girls is actively chasing Daisuke, just a bunch of lucky pervert moments.
OK now you’re being ridiculous. Rent a girlfriend and mysterious research club both are so obviously harems you’re just being pedantic now.

The definitions change, it just means multiple love interests and I’m sorry that that offends you in some weird way.

There needs to be a way to define that a series has multiple love interests and it’s called a “harem” category.

The reason you feel it’s meaningless is because 95% of all romance comedies have become harems with multiple needless side girls.

Dex-chan lover
I gotta question: why is it tagged as harem when it's not concluded as a harem? It's always been bugging me with these "harem" -type series when there is no definitive harem ending. It's just romance.
I agree. Why bother wasting my time if it's gonna end with 1 girl being chosen. I wanna see a guy attract and maintain a relationship with multiple girls. Not choose one. If he's gonna choose 1 chick just make it a romance and leave it at that.
OK now you’re being ridiculous. Rent a girlfriend and mysterious research club both are so obviously harems you’re just being pedantic now.

The definitions change, it just means multiple love interests and I’m sorry that that offends you in some weird way.

There needs to be a way to define that a series has multiple love interests and it’s called a “harem” category.

The reason you feel it’s meaningless is because 95% of all romance comedies have become harems with multiple needless side girls.
Question how is he being pedantic? Those 2 examples he gave don't even fit your original definition of a harem since multiple girls are not actively chasing the protag. 100 girlfriends and To Love Ru are what I'd call ongoing harems series. And Kanojo no Kanojo is what I'd call an actual harem series.

Dex-chan lover
Harem tag is for having three or more simultaneous love interests.

You have romantic/lewd momments with multiple characters its a harem.

The rest doesnt matter, you have a girlfriend but still have hijinks with 2 other girls? Harem.

You have a love triangle and add a third love interest to shake things up? Now its a harem.

Its a galge adaptation and only hs remmanents of the other options routes? Still harem

Dex-chan lover

Im with you on Rent a girlfriend tho.

There is only two romantic interests, therephore is not harem.

Kazuya likes Chizuru, Ruka likes Kazuya.

Where is the harem there?

Mami is the hero/antagonist and is not in any kind of relationship with Kazuya.

Sumi isnt a character.

And the other girl is an author plot device for shipping Chizuru and Kazuya.

Atsumare is 100% harem, Daisuke has been on dates with at least 3 girls who like him.

Dex-chan lover
I agree. Why bother wasting my time if it's gonna end with 1 girl being chosen. I wanna see a guy attract and maintain a relationship with multiple girls. Not choose one. If he's gonna choose 1 chick just make it a romance and leave it at that.

Question how is he being pedantic? Those 2 examples he gave don't even fit your original definition of a harem since multiple girls are not actively chasing the protag. 100 girlfriends and To Love Ru are what I'd call ongoing harems series. And Kanojo no Kanojo is what I'd call an actual harem series.
Being honest the harem tag was born from both just straight up having obstacles in the main relationship.

(Like Urusei Yasura and Ranma ½)

Or adapting visual novels that have multiple love interests.

(From Clannad to Fate stay night)

Having multiple love interest is just part of the ride, and doesnt mean the destination.

Just look at school days.

School days is a harem visual novel with multiple love interests and endings, but when adapted they choose one of the most "eye catching" endings.

Cause harem endings are bordering from Persona 5 valentines scene, to getting stabbed, cause harems dont really work.

Its hard to love multiple people, and people loving you doesnt means that you love them back.

I recommend Hare-Kon as something that explore a polygamous relationship from the perspective of the third wife.

Users who are viewing this thread