Oni Futatsu - Vol. 2 Ch. 13 - Kei and Megumi

This is getting interesting, served as a good backbone for future chapters, if this manga actually got axed that'l be a wasted potential on such a good manga like this.

jak

Contributor
What a meh ending. The siblings revelation was dumb.

Dex-chan lover
@jak
Yep. It had a lot of potential. But with how the story progression went from minor world building as detail with a focus on combat to full on 3 deep plot line intros all at once. And all of which being major info dumps or immediatly made pointless didnt help.

But then again, there isnt too much this story could have done. The concept was fairly small and compact. If it expanded too much one way, you basically become a JoJo rip-off. Too much in another direction, and the story becomes too complex/heavy to keep many readers entertained because of the sheer amount of info dumps you would have to pump out for world building.

The story also started from weak and bullied highschool kid becomes stronger by using a unique power. But suddenly turned into "Hey, we basically just killed someone indirectly, and yet no one seems to really give a shit." Then turned into "Yep, this school is actually an underground international wmd child grooming facility where all of you will possibly be auctioned off to foreign countries to kill people for them, while making us a lot of money. But dont worry, we are doing this for your sake, so dont interfere." To "So your telling me, I am basically a freak of nature, my one and only sibling has literally been dormantly possessing me for my entire life, and my entire character design was built upon absolutly loathing what I now apparently am half of, and is also half of my family, making me now seem like just some big asshole with how I was going on about wanting to kill them all and shit."

Yeah. Really interesting story idea, but I cant say that I'm suprised it got axed. They even spent half the ending building up this mother reveal only to not even show it.

Dex-chan lover
I had my fill with Megumi in this final chapter.
It's exactly what I came for.
I guess I am a bit satisfied.

Contributor
Wait, this is actually the final chapter? Should we add a Final tag on this or is there more coming? One of the most rushed endings I've read if not, they gave this author nothing to work with it seems.

Dex-chan lover
WAIT, that was the ending? Since the last chapter I knew that this shit got axed but I was waiting for 2 or 4 more chapters. Waste of time and potential if this is really the end.

Aggregator gang
I totally lost the plot in the last few chapters, I guess the Mangaka knew the chop was coming a few issues ago.

Pity, it could have been really good if it had just taken it's time :/

Dex-chan lover
Eugh, the first few chapters of this were great, then it started getting stupidly confusing for no reason, then it got axed. It's a damn shame.

Dex-chan lover
A really good set up got ruined so badly this really did not need a sibling story and got ruined because of it sad times

Users who are viewing this thread