Oni no Youna LoveCome - Vol. 5 Ch. 41 - Oni no Youna LoveCome

Double-page supporter
Thanks for the translation of this series, van scans. very much enjoyed it and all it’s cheesiness.

now that I’ve read the whole thing, here’s my take.

Was there missed potential? The rug-pull in the first chapter set a pretty big stage that the manga tried and failed to fill. Juggling being a battle manga and a romance manga is very hard because the two genres despite having similar themes of passion, have very clashing settings and stakes. Time spent developing the main duo is time not spent developing cool fight scenes and vice versa. (This series went more for the fight)

Was what we got still good though? I would say mostly. The series was definitely running out of steam or knew it was getting canceled near the end. Even the obvious comparison series, Scott pilgrim has some phoned in evil ex fights too. the last 2 fights in this series are much the same.

What’s my issue with Rose? I’ve made comments on almost every chapter with rose about how much I dislike her. i don’t wanna go into too much detail but she’s an overdone trope, poorly executed, not sympathetic for the character at all, tonally separate from the rest of the story.

(I think her name is rose she’s not worth checking over.)

overall manga was 6/10 (7/10 if you remove rose)

Users who are viewing this thread