Onii-chan Is Done For! Official Anthology Comic - Vol. 3 Ch. 44 - Mahiro and the Lottery

Dex-chan lover
The art style in this is just very cute.

Also, who doesn't beg for money when it comes to waifus in swimsuits in a gacha game?
image.png

Dex-chan lover
I don't remember if they ever mentioned their mom in the original but here they did! 🤔

Dex-chan lover
She was in fact mentioned!
Quite surprising how you knew the exact chapter 😅
I remember it by memory for some reason... I would've responded like 4 mins when you commented but I had to go pull up the page. lol

I think the big part of me remembering is cause it was such a wholesome chapter and I like the jokes in it.

Dex-chan lover
Man, though, the story gave me flashbacks.

For those unfamiliar, Powerball is a lottery available in many states in the US where the jackpot is in the millions of dollars; when you buy a ticket you can have the computer give you random numbers or pick out the numbers by hand. And years ago, when the payout was particularly high, I decided I was going to buy a Powerball ticket and fill it out manually; I was kind of into some hippie woo-woo stuff at the time, so I spent several minutes feeling the vibes of the different numbers and coloring in the little card, imagining I could harness precognitive psychic powers.

After the drawing had happened I went to the web site that had the numbers on it, and I stared in amazement as the numbers of my ticket were the exact numbers on the webpage. All six numbers matched. Except — not on the latest drawing, on the drawing that had happened a week before, which obviously doesn't win anything.

(My best guess at what happened is that I'd seen those numbers somewhere before getting the ticket, and all my attempt at getting the "vibes" did was actually pull the numbers back out of my memory.)

Users who are viewing this thread